Iredell County, North Carolina Genealogy Guide
|Other NC Resources|
| NC Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
NC Ancestor Records
NC Military Databases
NC Data Collections
NC Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Iredell County, North Carolina (Map It) was created on November 3, 1788 from Rowan County. This county was named for James Iredell (1751–1799), a comptroller at the port of Edenton and one of the original justices of the Supreme Court of the United States. Learn More About State of North Carolina History.
Iredell County is bordered by Yadkin County (northeast), Davie County (east), Rowan County (east), Cabarrus County (southeast), Mecklenburg County (south), Lincoln County (southwest), Catawba County (southwest), Alexander County (northwest), Wilkes County (northwest).
Iredell County Cities and Towns include Harmony, LoveValley, Mooresville, Statesville, Troutman. A Map of Iredell County, North Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Iredell County Townships include Fallstown, Barringer, Bethany, Cool Springs, Concord, Coddle Creek, Chambersburg, Davidson, Eagle Mills, Shiloh, Sharpesburg, New Hope, Olin, Statesville, Union Grove, Turnersburg . View a Map of Iredell County Townships.
Iredell County, North Carolina Courthouse Records
Iredell County, NC Courthouse
Old Iredell County Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Iredell county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered. Also see the Iredell County Records in the North Carolina State Archives. The County Courthouse was destroyed in 1854 by fire, Some records were destroyed.
- Iredell County Register of Deeds has Birth Records from 1913, Marriage Records from 1788, Death Records from 1913 and Land Records from 1788. The Register of Deeds holds land and vital records if they have not been transferred to the state archives in Raleigh. Land records may include deeds, grants, plats, and other miscellaneous items. houses most birth and death records and marriage licenses.
- Iredell County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1787, Court Records from 1786 and Divorce Records from call court clerk for details. The County Clerk of Court holds probate records and court records if they have not been transferred to the state archives in Raleigh. Probate records include not only wills, but also loose estates records. Court records may include apprentice bonds, bastardy bonds, and officials' or constables' bonds in addition to dockets, fee and account books, and court minutes and orders. They also have Divorce Records.
- Iredell County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Iredell Co. North Carolina County Health Department
Iredell County, North Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790 (incomplete), 1800 (incomplete), 1810 (incomplete), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1784-1787
- Native American Population Schedules: 1894-1913
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Iredell County, North Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1913 to present
- Marriage Records: from January 1962 to present
- Death Records: from January 1, 1930 to present
- Divorce Records: from January 1958 to present
- Locations: North Carolina Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificate Applications.
- In Person: North Carolina Vital Records (Cooper Memorial Health Building), 225 N. McDowell St., Raleigh, NC 27603-1382; 919-733-3000
Iredell County, North Carolina Resources
- Genealogical Society of Iredell County
- Iredell County, North Carolina Message Boards
- Iredell County, North Carolina Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Iredell County
Iredell County, North Carolina External Links
- Historical Newspapers from North Carolina (1719 - 1977)
- Landmark, The (Statesville, North Carolina)
- Statesville Daily Record (Statesville, North Carolina)
- Statesville Record Landmark (Statesville, North Carolina)
- Statesville Record (Statesville, North Carolina)
- Statesville Landmark (Statesville, North Carolina)
- Iredell County, North Carolina Books - Amazon
- Iredell Co., North Carolina - FindaGrave
- The Statesville Daily Record presents pictorially Iredell County, North Carolina, ... Statesville, North Carolina
- Lewis grave yard with mention of some early settlers along Fifth Creek, Iredell County, N.C.