Davie County, North Carolina Records
Davie County, North Carolina (Map It) was created on December 20, 1836 from Rowan County. This county was named for William Richardson Davie (1756–1820), a member of the Federal Convention and governor of North Carolina.
Davie County Cities and Towns include Bermuda Run, Cooleemee, Mocksville, Advance, Cornatzer, Farmington, Hillsdale. A Map of Davie County, North Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Davie County Townships include Calahaln, Clarksville, Farmington, Fulton, Jerusalem, Mocksville, and Shady Grove. View a Map of Davie County Townships.
Davie County, North Carolina Courthouse Records
Davie County, NC Courthouse
The Davie County Courthouse is located in Mocksville, North Carolina. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Davie county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Also see the Davie County Records in the North Carolina State Archives.
- Davie County Register of Deeds has Birth Records from 1913, Marriage Records from 1851, Death Records from 1913 and Land Records from 1792.
- Davie County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1808, Court Records from 1829 and Divorce Records from call court clerk for details. Probate records include not only wills, but also loose estates records.
- Davie County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Davie Co. North Carolina County Health Department
Davie County, North Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: None
- Native American Population Schedules: 1894-1913
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Davie County, North Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1913 to present
- Marriage Records: from January 1962 to present
- Death Records: from January 1, 1930 to present
- Divorce Records: from January 1958 to present
- Locations: North Carolina Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificate Applications.
- In Person: North Carolina Vital Records (Cooper Memorial Health Building), 225 N. McDowell St., Raleigh, NC 27603-1382; 919-733-3000
Davie County, North Carolina Resources
Davie County, North Carolina External Links
- Historical Newspapers from North Carolina (1719 - 1977)
- Davie County, North Carolina Books - Amazon
- Davie Co., North Carolina - FindaGrave
- A History of Davie County, North Carolina
- North Carolina Digital Collections
- Davie County, North Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Davie Co. NCGenweb
- Davie County, North Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- Davie County, North Carolina Military Records
- North Carolina City Directories