Madison County, Missouri Records
Madison County, Missouri (Map It) was created on December 14, 1818 from Cape Girardeau County and Ste. Genevieve County. The county was named in honor of James Madison (1751–1836), politician and political philosopher who served as the fourth President of the United States, and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States.
Madison County Cities and Towns include Castor Station, Cobalt, Fredericktown, Junction City, Marquand, Millcreek, Mine La Motte, Oak Grove, Saco, Zion.
A Map of Madison County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Madison County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Madison County, MO Courthouse
The Madison County Courthouse is located in Fredericktown, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Madison county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Madison County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1821 and Land Records from 1819.
- Madison County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1821 and Court & Divorce Records from 1827.
- Madison County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-1900 .
- Madison County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Madison County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Madison County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820 (missing), 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Madison County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Madison County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Historic Madison County Society, 122 North Main Street, Fredericktown, MO 63645; Phone: (573) 783-2722
- C.R.O.P./Village of Marquand Historical Park, P.O. Box 55, Marquand, MO 63655; Phone: (573) 783-7525
- Madison County, Missouri Message Boards
- Madison County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
Madison County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Madison County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Madison Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Madison County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Madison County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Madison Co. MOGenweb
- Madison County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Madison County, Missouri Military Records