Perry County, Missouri Records
Perry County, Missouri (Map It) was created on November 16, 1820 from Ste. Genevieve County. The county was named in honor of Oliver Hazard Perry (1785–1819), naval officer in the War of 1812 against Britain, earned the title "Hero of Lake Erie" for leading American forces in a decisive naval victory at the Battle of Lake Erie.
Perry County is bordered by Randolph County, Illinois (north), Jackson County, Illinois (northeast), Union County, Illinois (east), Cape Girardeau County (southeast), Bollinger County (southwest), Madison County (southwest), St. Francois County (west), St. Genevieve County (northwest).
Perry County Cities and Towns include Altenburg, Belgique, Biehle, Brazeau, Farrar, Frohna, Lithium, Longtown, Menfro, Perryville, Uniontown, Wittenberg.
A Map of Perry County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Perry County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Perry County, MO Courthouse
The Perry County Courthouse is located in Perryville, Missouri. The offices have been furnished with large fire-proof safe, and there are few counties in the State that have as complete or as conveniently arranged records. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Perry county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Perry County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1830 and Land Records from 1821.
- Perry County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1821 and Court & Divorce Records from 1821.
- Perry County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883–94 .
- Perry County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Perry County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Perry County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820 (missing), 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Perry County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Perry County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Perry County Historical Society
- Brazeau Historical Society, P.O. Box 5, Brazeau, MO 63737; Ph: (573) 824-5865
- Friedenberg Lutheran Historical Society, 1142 PCR 302, Perryville, MO 63775; Ph: (573) 547-8607
- Perry County Lutheran Historical Society
- Perry County, Missouri Message Boards
- Perry County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
Perry County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Perry County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Perry Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Perry County, Missouri History
- Guide to Perry County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Perry County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Perry Co. MOGenweb
- Perry County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Perry County, Missouri Military Records