St. Francois County, Missouri Records
St. Francois County, Missouri (Map It) was created on December 19, 1821 from Jefferson County, Ste. Genevieve County and Washington County. The county was named in honor of St. Francis of Assisi (c. 1182–1226), a Catholic deacon and the founder of the Order of Friars Minor, more commonly known as the Franciscans.
St. Francois County Cities and Towns include Bismarck, Blackwell, Bonne Terre, Cantwell, Desloge, Doe Run, Farmington, Frankclay, French Village, Haggai (historical), Iron Mountain, Iron Mountain Lake, Knob Lick, Leadington, Leadwood, Middle Brook, Park Hills, Terre du Lac.
A Map of St. Francois County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
St. Francois County, Missouri Courthouse Records
St. Francois County, MO Courthouse
The St. Francois County Courthouse is located in Farmington, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in St. Francois county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- St. Francois County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1836 and Land Records from 1822.
- St. Francois County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1822 and Court & Divorce Records from 1822.
- St. Francois County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883–93.
- St. Francois County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- St. Francois County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
St. Francois County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820 (missing), 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
St. Francois County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
St. Francois County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Iron Mountain Historical Society
- St. Francois County Historical Society
- Missouri Mines Museum Society
- St. Francois County, Missouri Message Boards
- St. Francois County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
St. Francois County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- St. Francois County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- St. Francois Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to St. Francois County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- St. Francois County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- St. Francois Co. MOGenweb
- St. Francois County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- St. Francois County, Missouri Military Records