White Pine County, Nevada Genealogy Guide
|Other NV Resources|
| NV Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
NV Ancestor Records
NV Military Databases
NV Data Collections
NV Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
White Pine County, Nevada (Map It) was created on March 2, 1869 from Lander County. The county was named for the heavy growth of pine trees in the area, thought to be white pine.. Learn More About State of Nevada History
White Pine County is bordered by Elko County (north), Eureka County (west), Nye County (southwest), Lincoln County (south), Millard County, Utah (east), Juab County, Utah (east), Tooele County, Utah (northeast).
White Pine County Cities and Towns include Baker, Cherry Creek, Crosstimbers, East Ely, Ely, Lages Station, Lund, Majors Place, McGill, Reipetown, Ruth, Schellbourne, Strawberry. A Map of White Pine County, Nevada contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
White Pine County, Nevada Courthouse Records
White Pine County, NV Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in White Pine county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered. In 1885, a store owner caused a devastating fire which burned down the Court House which had been moved to the Withington Hotel.. Only a pitiful few records from the Sheriff’s office were salvaged.
- White Pine County Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1887 and Land Records from 1885. The County Recorder is responsible for the recordation, scanning/microfilming, indexing and permanent storage of all Real Estate Transactions, Mining Claim Locations, Assessment work, Contracts, Leases, Judgments, Marriage Certificates, Fixture Filing Statements, Liens, Maps and all other Miscellaneous Documents.
- White Pine County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1884. The County Clerk is responsible for the issuance of all marriage licenses in the County.
- White Pine County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 1885 and Court Records from 1869. The County Clerk of District Court has jurisdiction over all Regular, Civil, Criminal, Probate, and Family courts.
White Pine County, Nevada Census Records
- Learn More: State of Nevada Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940
- State Population Schedules: 1875
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
White Pine County, Nevada Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Nevada Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from July 1, 1911 to the present
- Marriage & Divorce Records: None, See County Recorder and County Clerk
- Locations: Nevada Office of Vital Statistics, Nevada State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate , Marriage and Divorce Verification Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Records, 4150 Technology Way, Suite 104, Carson City, NV 89706
White Pine County, Nevada Resources
- White Pine County, Nevada Message Boards
- White Pine County, Nevada Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for White Pine County