Cullman County, Alabama Genealogy Guide
|Other AL Resources|
AL Birth, Death, Marriage,
Divorce & Death Records
AL Ancestor Records
AL Military Databases
AL Data Collections
AL Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Cullman County, Alabama (Map It) was created on January 24, 1877 from portions of Blount County, Morgan County, and Winston County. Cullman county was named in honor of John G. Cullmann, a native of Germany who encouraged the immigration of Germans to northern Alabama. Learn More About State of Alabama History
Cullman County Cities and Towns include Arab, Ardell, Arkadelphia, Baileyton, Battleground, Berlin, Bethel, Bremen, Birdsong, Bolte, Brooklyn, Brushy Pond, Bug Tussle, Central, Clifty, Colony, Corinth, Crane Hill, Cullman, Dodge City, East Point, Etha, Fairview, Garden City, Goldridge, Good Hope, Goodwin, Hanceville, Harmony, Holly Pond, Jones Chapel, Joppa, Logan, Panama, Providence, Riverside, Simcoe, South Vinemont, Thrasher Crossroads, Trade, Trimble, Walter, Welti, West Point, Wheat, Wilburn.
A Map of Cullman County, Alabama contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Cullman County, Alabama Courthouse Records
Cullman County, AL Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Cullman county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Cullman County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from ? and has Divorce Records maintained among the equity records. Divorces issued prior to 1950 are located here. Divorces issued prior to 1950 are located here. Divorces issued after 1950 can be found at the Alabama Department of Public Health. The County Clerk of Circuit Court serves as custodian of all county court records, and is responsible for providing access to those court records by court personnel, the legal community and the public.
- Cullman County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1877, Probate Records from 1877 and Land Records from 1877. The County Clerk of Probate Court maintains following records in the probate office: Plats, Maps, Judgments, Liens, Deeds, Mortgages, Corporations, Lis pendens, Marriage licenses, Military discharges. The Probate Judge presides over all probate court hearings for Probate of Wills, Administrations, Conservators, Guardianships, Adoptions, Legitimations, Name changes, Condemnations, Mental Commitment hearings, and performs marriage ceremonies. The office of the probate judge is the county office where the most significant genealogical records are created and maintained in Alabama. A variety of records are housed in this office.
- Cullman County Assessor's Office maintains County tax records. These records are usually arranged by legal description and are not indexed.
- Cullman County Health Department has Birth Records from 1877, Death records from 1877.
Cullman County, Alabama Census Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Cullman County, Alabama Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Alabama Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1908 to present.
- Marriage Records: from August 1936 to present.
- Divorce Records: from January 1950 to present.
- Locations: Alabama Office of Vital Statistics, The RSA Tower, 201 Monroe Street, Montgomery, Alabama 36104.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Certificate Applications.