Baker County, Oregon Records
Baker County, Oregon (Map It) was created on September 22, 1862 from Wasco County. Later, Union County and Malheur County were created from this county. The boundaries were adjusted for the last time in 1901, when the area between the Powder River and the Wallowa Mountains was returned to Baker County. The county was named in honor of Edward Dickinson Baker, a senator from Oregon who was killed at Ball's Bluff, a battle of the American Civil War..
Baker County Cities and Towns include Baker City, Greenhorn, Haines, Halfway, Huntington, Richland, Sumpter, Unity. A Map of Baker County, Oregon contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Baker County, Oregon Courthouse Records
Baker County, OR Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Baker county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Baker County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1862 and Land Records from 1862. The County Clerk has many duties which include vital statistics (births, deaths, marriage) and keeps a permanent public record of real estate transactions.
- Baker County Circuit Court Clerk has Court Records from 1862 and Probate Records from 1862. The County Circuit Court Clerk has general jurisdiction over all civil and criminal cases, and typically handle cases beyond the jurisdiction of other courts. Circuit Courts also handle divorce, child custody, disputes over title to land, probate matters, juvenile cases, guardianship, adoption, involuntary commitment, and requests for injunctions.
- Baker County Records Inventory The Oregon Historical County Records Guide includes descriptions and listings for each type of record in the inventory. Each series description includes a title and a description of how the records are used (function); types of records that may be included in each category (physical content); type of information that may be found (informational content)
Baker County, Oregon Census Records
- Learn More: State of Oregon Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Territory & State Population Schedules: 1865, 1875, 1885, 1895, 1905.
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Baker County, Oregon Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Oregon Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from 1903 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1911 to present
- Divorce Records: from 1925 to present
- Locations: Oregon Vital Records - Center for Health Statistics, Oregon State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Oregon Vital Records - Center for Health Statistics, 800 NE Oregon Street, Ste 205, Portland, OR 97293; (971) 673-1190
Baker County, Oregon Resources
- Oregon Historical County Records Guide
- Baker County, Oregon Message Boards
- Baker County, Oregon Genealogy Forum
Baker County, Oregon External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Oregon (1816 - 1923)
- Baker County, Oregon Books - Amazon
- Baker County Records, 1862-1950
- Baker Co., Oregon - FindaGrave
- A brief history of the Diocese of Baker City
- Baker County, Oregon Links - Cyndi's List
- Baker Co. ORGenweb
- Baker County, Oregon Ancestry Database Collections
- Baker County, Oregon Military Records
- Oregon City Directories