Reynolds County, Missouri Records
Reynolds County Cities and Towns include Black, Bunker, Centerville, Ellington, Reynolds, Lesterville.
A Map of Reynolds County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Reynolds County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Reynolds County, MO Courthouse
The Reynolds County Courthouse is located in Centerville, Missouri. The courthouse has burned twice. The first time was in December, 1863, when the confederate army burned it. A new courthouse was built in the fall of 1867 on the same foundation as the prior one. This courthouse was burned in late November, 1871. Both times all records were destroyed. Temporary quarters again burned May 27, 1872, while a new "fireproof" courthouse was being built. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Reynolds county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Reynolds County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1872 and Land Records from 1872.
- Reynolds County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1872 and Court & Divorce Records from 1872.
- Reynolds County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883–86 .
- Reynolds County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Reynolds County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Reynolds County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Reynolds County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Reynolds County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Reynolds County Genealogy& Historical Society
- Reynolds County, Missouri Message Boards
- Reynolds County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
Reynolds County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Reynolds County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Reynolds Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Reynolds County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Reynolds County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Reynolds Co. MOGenweb
- Reynolds County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Reynolds County, Missouri Military Records