Pike County, Missouri Records
Pike County, Missouri (Map It) was created on December 14, 1818 from St. Charles County. The county was named in honor of Zebulon Pike (1778–1813), American soldier and explorer for whom Pikes Peak in Colorado is also named .
Pike County Cities and Towns include Annada, Ashburn, Ashley, Bowling Green, Clarksville, Curryville, Eolia, Frankford, Louisiana, New Hartford, Paynesville, Tarrants.
A Map of Pike County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Pike County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Pike County, MO Courthouse
The Pike County Courthouse is located in Bowling Green, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Pike county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Courthouse burned 1864 and 1915.
- Pike County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1825 and Land Records from 1819.
- Pike County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1825 and Court & Divorce Records from 1819.
- Pike County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883–84 .
- Pike County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Pike County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Pike County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820 (missing), 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Pike County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Pike County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Pike County Historical Society
- Pike County Genealogical Society
- Northeast Missouri Genealogical Society
- Louisiana Area Historical Museum, 304 Georgia Street, Louisiana, MO 63353; Phone: (573) 754-5550
- Pike County, Missouri Message Boards
- Pike County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
Pike County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Pike County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Pike Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Pike County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Pike County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Pike Co. MOGenweb
- Pike County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Pike County, Missouri Military Records