Montgomery County, Missouri Records
Montgomery County, Missouri (Map It) was created on December 14, 1818 from St. Charles County. The county was named in honor of Richard Montgomery (1738–1775), an Irish-born soldier who first served in the British Army and later became a brigadier-general in the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War.
Montgomery County Cities and Towns include Bellflower, Bluffton, Buell, High Hill, Jonesburg, McKittrick, Middletown, Mineola, Montgomery City, New Florence, Rhineland, Wellsville.
A Map of Montgomery County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Montgomery County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Montgomery County, MO Courthouse
The Montgomery County Courthouse is located in Montgomery City, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Montgomery county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.Damaged by fire in the Civil War, the Courtgouse was later razed; The Courthouse burned April 12, 1901, destroying many county records. Copies of early original deds are in Jones Abstract Company in Montgomery City.
- Montgomery County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1864 and Land Records from 1839 (including Index to deeds, 1864-1975; Deed records, 1866-1930 [Note: Copies of the original early deeds are in Jones Abstract Company in Montgomery City.]*; Supplied deeds, 1839-1900).
- Montgomery County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1839 and Court & Divorce Records from ?.
- Montgomery County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from ?.
- Montgomery County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Montgomery County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Montgomery County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820 (missing), 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Montgomery County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Montgomery County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Montgomery Co Genealogical Society, 112 W Second Street, Montgomery City, MO 63361
- Montgomery Co Historical Society, 112 W 2nd Str, Montgomery City, MO 63361; Ph: (573) 564-2370
- Prairie Life Historical Foundation, P.O. Box 52, 300 N 2nd Str, Wellsville, MO 63384; Ph: (573) 648-2743
- Montgomery County, Missouri Message Boards
- Montgomery County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
Montgomery County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Montgomery County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Montgomery Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Montgomery County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Montgomery County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Montgomery Co. MOGenweb
- Montgomery County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Montgomery County, Missouri Military Records