Caldwell County, Missouri Records
Caldwell County, Missouri (Map It) was created on December 29, 1836 from Ray County. The county was named either in honor of John Caldwell, an Indian scout and friend of respected Colonel Alexander William Doniphan; John Caldwell, Lieutenant Governor of Kentucky; or Mathew Caldwell, a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence .
Caldwell County Cities and Towns include Braymer, Breckenridge, Cowgill, Hamilton, Kidder, Kingston, Polo.
Caldwell County Townships include Breckenridge, Davis, Fairview, Gomer, Grant, Hamilton, Kidder, Kingston, Lincoln, Mirabile, New York, Rockford.
A Map of Caldwell County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Caldwell County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Caldwell County, MO Courthouse
The Caldwell County Courthouse is located in Kingston, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Caldwell county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Fire consumed most county records when suspected arsonists set the courthouse ablaze April 19, 1860. On November 28, 1896, fire once again consumed the Caldwell County courthouse.
- Caldwell County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1860 and Land Records from 1835.
- Caldwell County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1856 and Court & Divorce Records from 1859.
- Caldwell County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from ?.
- Caldwell County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Caldwell County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Caldwell County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Caldwell County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Caldwell County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Caldwell County Historical Society, Inc.
- Caldwell County, Missouri Message Boards
- Caldwell County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
Caldwell County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Caldwell County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Caldwell Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Short History Of Caldwell County, Missouri
- Guide to Caldwell County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Caldwell County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Caldwell Co. MOGenweb
- Caldwell County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Caldwell County, Missouri Military Records