Livingston County, Missouri Records
Livingston County, Missouri (Map It) was created on January 6, 1837 from Carroll County. The county was named in honor of Edward Livingston (1764-1836), a prominent American jurist and statesman, influential in the drafting of the Louisiana Civil Code of 1825, a civil code based largely on the Napoleonic Code.
Livingston County Cities and Towns include Avalon, Chillicothe, Chula, Dawn, Ludlow, Mooresville, Utica, Wheeling.
A Map of Livingston County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Livingston County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Livingston County, MO Courthouse
The Livingston County Courthouse is located in Chillicothe, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Livingston county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Livingston County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1837 and Land Records from 1837.
- Livingston County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1837 and Court & Divorce Records from 1837.
- Livingston County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-91.
- Livingston County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Livingston County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Livingston County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1820 (missing), 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Livingston County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Livingston County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Grand River Historical Society
- Livingston County, Missouri Message Boards
- Livingston County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
Livingston County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Livingston County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Livingston Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Early History of Livingston County
- Livingston County History - Celebrating 150 Years 1821-1981
- Guide to Livingston County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Livingston County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Livingston Co. MOGenweb
- Livingston County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Livingston County, Missouri Military Records