Jasper County, Georgia Genealogy Guide
|Other GA Resources|
| GA Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
GA Ancestor Records
GA Military Databases
GA Data Collections
GA Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Jasper County, Georgia (Map It) was created on December 10, 1807 from Baldwin County. Jasper County was originally called Randolph County until 1812 when portions of Newton County was added to Jasper in 1822, 1834 (repealed 1841) and 1850, a part of Walton County was added in 1820. Part of Jasper County was set off to Morgan County in 1815, part to Newton County in 1821. Jasper County was named in honor of Originally named after Representative John Randolph of Virginia. In 1812 name was changed and named after Sergeant William Jasper (1750-1779), a hero of the Revolutionary War. Learn More About State of Georgia History.
A Map of Jasper County, Georgia contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Jasper County, Georgia Courthouse Records
Jasper County, GA Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Jasper county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- History of Baker County, Georgia Courthouse
- Jasper County Clerk of Superior Court has Land Records from 1808 and Court Records from 1808. The County Clerk of Superior Court has jurisdiction over cases for title to land and equity, felony cases, adoptions, divorces, child support and custody enforcement. The clerk also is tasked with recording deeds and maintaining the chain of title to all property in the county. Be aware that Lands were given to Georgia citizens by lotteries for the years 1805, 1807, 1820, 1821, 1827, 1832, 1832 (Gold), 1833.
- Jasper County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1808; Birth Certificates. Some scattered birth certificates are available from the early 1900's, these are mostly "delayed" birth certificates. Birth certificates from around 1920 to present are available. $10.00 each for a certified copy; Death Records. From the late 1920's are available, a $10.00 fee is charged for each certified copy. ; Marriage Records. From 1808. A $5.00 search fee is required. A copy will be provided showing the book and page number. and Probate Records from 1809; Will and Estate Records from 1818. A $5.00 search fee is required. If the record is extremely long, the cost may be more. The Court will bill for any additional costs..The County Clerk of Probate Court responsibilities include legal proceedings forh Wills, Estates, Guardianships of minor children, Involuntary Committals Hearings, Issuance of Marriage License, ect.. The county probate judge's office is the office where the most valuable genealogical records are created and maintained in the state of Georgia.
- Jasper County Tax Digests are records scanned from microfilm in the Georgia Archives.
- Jasper County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait. Contact the Clerk of Superior Court for Divorce Records and the Probate Judge for Marriage Records.
Jasper County, Georgia Census Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Georgia Census Substitutes 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1864 Census for Re-Organizing the Georgia Militia
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Jasper County, Georgia Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Georgia Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1919 to present.
- Marriage Records: from June 9, 1952 to present.
- Divorce Records: None. Contact the County Clerk of Superior Court.
- Locations: Georgia Division of Public Health, Vital Records, 2600 Skyland Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30319; (404) 679-4702
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Jasper County, Georgia Resources
- East Georgia Genealogical Society
- Jasper County, Georgia Message Boards
- Jasper County, Georgia Genealogy Forum
- Jasper County, Georgia Mailing lists