Arapahoe County, Colorado Records
Arapahoe County, Colorado (Map It) was created on November 1, 1861 as one of the 17 original counties of the Territory of Colorado. Arapahoe County was named for the Arapahoe County, Kansas Territory, which in turn was named for the Arapaho Nation of Native Americans.
Arapahoe County Cities and Towns include Aurora, Bennett, Bow Mar, Centennial, Cherry Hills Village, Columbine Valley, Deer Trail, Englewood, Foxfield, Glendale, Greenwood Village, Littleton, Sheridan.
A Map of Arapahoe County, Colorado contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Arapahoe County, Colorado Courthouse Records
Arapahoe County, CO Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Arapahoe county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Arapahoe County Clerk & Recorder has Marriage Records from 1860–1903 and has Land Records from 1861. The County Clerk & Recorder is responsible for recording deeds, marriage licenses, issuing passports, titling and registering automobiles, issuing driver's licenses, registering voters, administering elections and maintaining records for the Board of County Commissioners.
- Arapahoe County Clerk of Courts Most records for Denver prior to 1902 have been deposited with the Colorado State Archives. Early land records, surveys, post offices, and territorial government papers are extant for Arapahoe County, and some are located in both the Colorado and Kansas historical societies. However, typical county records such as probate or county court minutes do not
exist for the early territorial period of the county before state formation.
- Probate Records: 1902
- Court Records: 1902
- Alamosa County Public Health Department has Birth / Death Records from 1872–1902 / 1887–1902; At Colorado Department of Health, Vital Records Section.
Arapahoe County, Colorado Census Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Arapahoe County, Colorado Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1910 to present.
- Marriage Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Death Records: from 1900 to present.
- Divorce Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Vital Records Section, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, HSVRD-VS-A1, Denver, CO 80246-1530; PH (916) (303) 692-2224 General, (303) 756-4464 Information.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Verification, Divorce Verification, Death Certificate Applications.
Arapahoe County, Colorado Resources
- Aurora Genealogical Society
- Columbine Genealogical And Historical Society
- Littleton Historical Society
- Sheridan Historical Society
- Arapahoe County, Colorado Message Boards
Arapahoe County, Colorado External Links
- Colorado Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Arapahoe County, Colorado Books - Amazon
- Colorado Marriages, 1859-1900 search.ancestry.comThis database is a collection of marriage records from three counties in Colorado. Taken from microfilm copies of original county documents, each record provides spouses' names, marriage date, and county of residence. The database lists the names of more than 37,000 men and women. This database includes marriages for Arapahoe County from 16 October 1859 through 1900.
- Arapahoe Co., Colorado - FindaGrave
- Colorado Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Arapahoe County, Colorado Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Colorado (1859–1978)
- Arapahoe Co. COGenweb
- Arapahoe County, Colorado Ancestry Database Collections
- Arapahoe County, Colorado Military Records