Saguache County, Colorado Records
Saguache County, Colorado (Map It) was created on December 29, 1866 from Lake County and Costilla County. Saguache County was named after the Ute language word meaning "blue earth" or "water at blue earth"
Saguache County is bordered by Chaffee County (north), Fremont County (northeast), Custer County (east), Huerfano County, Rio Grande County (south), Alamosa County (south), Mineral County (southwest), Hinsdale County (southwest), Gunnison County (northwest).
Saguache County Cities and Towns include Bonanza, Center, Crestone, La Garita, Moffat, Saguache, Villa Grove, Sargeants.
A Map of Saguache County, Colorado contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Saguache County, Colorado Courthouse Records
Saguache County, CO Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Saguache county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Saguache County Clerk & Recorder has Marriage Records from 1869 and has Land Records from 1866?. The County Clerk & Recorder is responsible for recording deeds, marriage licenses, issuing passports, titling and registering automobiles, issuing driver's licenses, registering voters, administering elections and maintaining records for the Board of County Commissioners.
- Saguache County Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1866? and has Court Records from 1866?.
- Saguache County Public Health Agency has Birth / Death Records from 1894–1908 / 1872–1907
Saguache County, Colorado Census Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: 1885
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Saguache County, Colorado Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1910 to present.
- Marriage Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Death Records: from 1900 to present.
- Divorce Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Vital Records Section, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, HSVRD-VS-A1, Denver, CO 80246-1530; PH (916) (303) 692-2224 General, (303) 756-4464 Information.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Verification, Divorce Verification, Death Certificate Applications.
Saguache County, Colorado Resources
Saguache County, Colorado External Links
- Colorado Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Saguache County, Colorado Books - Amazon
- Saguache Co., Colorado - FindaGrave
- Colorado Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Saguache County, Colorado Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Colorado (1859–1978)
- Saguache Co. COGenweb
- Saguache County, Colorado Ancestry Database Collections
- Saguache County, Colorado Military Records