Pasquotank County, North Carolina Records
Pasquotank County, North Carolina (Map It) was created on 1668 from Carteret Precinct and Albemarle County. This county was named for the Native American word pasketanki which meant "where the current of the stream divides or forks" .
Pasquotank County Cities and Towns include Elizabeth City, Weeksville. A Map of Pasquotank County, North Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries. There is a collection of old Ohio maps at MapGeeks.org.
Pasquotank County Townships include Elizabeth City, Salem, Providence, Newland, Mount Hermon, Nixonton. View a Map of Pasquotank County Townships.
Pasquotank County, North Carolina Courthouse Records
Pasquotank County, NC Courthouse
The Pasquotank County Courthouse is located in Elizabeth City, North Carolina. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Pasquotank county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Also see the Pasquotank County Records in the North Carolina State Archives.
- Pasquotank County Register of Deeds has Birth Records from 1691, Marriage Records from 1691, Death Records from 1691 and Land Records from 1666.
- Pasquotank County Clerk of Court has Probate Records from 1709, Court Records from 1737 and Divorce Records from call court clerk for details. Probate records include not only wills, but also loose estates records.
- Pasquotank County Tax Assessor / Collector
- Pasquotank Co. North Carolina County Health Department
Pasquotank County, North Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1790 (incomplete), 1800 (incomplete), 1810 (incomplete), 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820, Census Substitutes Index, 1790-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1784-1787
- Native American Population Schedules: 1894-1913
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Pasquotank County, North Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Carolina Vital Records
- Birth Records: from October 1913 to present
- Marriage Records: from January 1962 to present
- Death Records: from January 1, 1930 to present
- Divorce Records: from January 1958 to present
- Locations: North Carolina Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificate Applications.
- In Person: North Carolina Vital Records (Cooper Memorial Health Building), 225 N. McDowell St., Raleigh, NC 27603-1382; 919-733-3000
Pasquotank County, North Carolina Resources
Pasquotank County, North Carolina External Links
- Historical Newspapers from North Carolina (1719 - 1977)
- Pasquotank County, North Carolina Books - Amazon
- Pasquotank County NC Estate Records K-R
- Index of Pasquotank County NC Estate Records
- Pasquotank County 1767 NC Early Census Index
- Pasquotank County 1754 NC Early Census Index
- Pasquotank Co., North Carolina - FindaGrave
- A History of Pasquotank County, North Carolina
- North Carolina Digital Collections
- Pasquotank County, North Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Pasquotank Co. NCGenweb
- Pasquotank County, North Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- Pasquotank County, North Carolina Military Records
- North Carolina City Directories