Mercer County, Missouri Records
Mercer County, Missouri (Map It) was created on February 14, 1845 from Grundy County. The county was named in honor of John F. Mercer (1759–1821), an American lawyer, planter, and Governor of Maryland.
Mercer County Cities and Towns include Mercer, Princeton, South Lineville.
A Map of Mercer County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Mercer County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Mercer County, MO Courthouse
The Mercer County Courthouse is located in Princeton, Missouri. Fire destroyed the Courthouse March 24, 1898. Some Records were destroyed. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Mercer county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Mercer County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1898 and Land Records from 1846.
- Mercer County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1849 and Court & Divorce Records from 1868.
- Mercer County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-94.
- Mercer County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Mercer County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Mercer County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Mercer County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Mercer County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Mercer County Genealogical and Historical Society
- Mercer County, Missouri Message Boards
- Mercer County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
Mercer County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Mercer County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Mercer Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- My May Family of Mercer County, Missouri
- Guide to Mercer County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Mercer County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Mercer Co. MOGenweb
- Mercer County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Mercer County, Missouri Military Records