Maries County, Missouri Records
Maries County, Missouri (Map It) was created on March 2, 1855 from Osage County and Pulaski County. The county was named for the Maries River, possibly a corruption of the French word marais meaning "marsh" or "swamp" .
Maries County Cities and Towns include Argyle, Belle, Brinktown, Hayden, High Gate, Vienna, Vichy.
A Map of Maries County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Maries County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Maries County, MO Courthouse
The Maries County Courthouse is located in Vienna, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Maries county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
A fire, believed to have been set intentionally, destroyed the courthouse and most records November 6, 1868
- Maries County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1869 and Land Records from 1855.
- Maries County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1866 and Court & Divorce Records from 1866.
- Maries County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-84 .
- Maries County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Maries County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Maries County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Maries County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Maries County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Historical Society of Maries County, Box 289, Vienna, MO 65582
- Ozarks Genealogical Society
- Mid-Missouri Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 715, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Maries County, Missouri Message Boards
- Maries County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
Maries County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Maries County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Maries Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Maries County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Maries County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Maries Co. MOGenweb
- Maries County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Maries County, Missouri Military Records