Macon County, Missouri Records
Macon County, Missouri (Map It) was created on January 6, 1837 from Chariton County and Randolph County. The county was named in honor of Nathaniel Macon (1758–1837), member of the United States House of Representatives from 1791 to 1815 who briefly served in the American Revolutionary War.
Macon County Cities and Towns include Anabel, Atlanta, Bevier, Callao, College Mound, Elmer, Ethel, Excello, Goldsberry, La Plata, Macon, New Cambria, South Gifford.
A Map of Macon County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Macon County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Macon County, MO Courthouse
The Macon County Courthouse is located in Macon, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Macon county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Macon County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1837 and Land Records from 1837.
- Macon County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1838 and Court & Divorce Records from 1837.
- Macon County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records from 1883-93 .
- Macon County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Macon County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Macon County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Macon County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Macon County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Macon County Historical Society
- Northeast Missouri Genealogical Society
- Macon County, Missouri Message Boards
- Macon County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
Macon County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Macon County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Macon Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Macon County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Macon County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Macon Co. MOGenweb
- Macon County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Macon County, Missouri Military Records