Dallas County, Missouri Records
Dallas County Cities and Towns include Buffalo, Celt, Long Lane, Louisburg, Red Top, Tunas, Urbana, Windyville.
A Map of Dallas County, Missouri contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Dallas County, Missouri Courthouse Records
Dallas County, MO Courthouse
The Dallas County Courthouse is located in Buffalo, Missouri. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Dallas county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
Confederate troops burned the building October 18, 1863. Fire also destroyed two subsequent emergency quarters during 1864 and 1867, consuming most county records.
- Dallas County Recorder of Deeds has Marriage Records from 1867 and Land Records from 1867.
- Dallas County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk has Probate Records from 1867 and Court & Divorce Records from 1867.
- Dallas County Clerk of the Court has Birth & Death Records Records from 1883-1924.
- Dallas County Tax Assessor Office is responsible for appraising and assessing real estate property and person property for the purpose of taxation as well as transferring ownership of real estate, and keeping real estate maps up to date.
- Local Records Inventory Database, produced by the Missouri Local Records Preservation Program, is a compilation of inventories of local government records identified as having permanent or enduring value and housed primarily in county and municipal offices, but includes some libraries, museums, and historical and genealogical societies that maintain government records. Not all Missouri offices have been inventoried.
- Dallas County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980
Dallas County, Missouri Census Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: 1660-1820
- State Population Schedules: 1844-1881
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Dallas County, Missouri Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Missouri Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1910 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1948 to present
- Divorce Records: from July 1948 to present
- Locations: Missouri Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, Jefferson City, MO 65102, Telephone: 573-751-6387
Dallas County, Missouri Resources
- RAOGK Volunteers for Missouri
- Dallas County Historical Society
- Ozarks Genealogical Society
- Dallas County, Missouri Message Boards
- Dallas County, Missouri Genealogy Forum
Dallas County, Missouri External Links
- Missouri Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Dallas County, Missouri Books - Amazon
- Dallas Co., Missouri - FindaGrave
- Guide to Dallas County and Municipal Records on Microfilm - Missouri State Archives
- Missouri Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Dallas County, Missouri Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 - 1922)
- Dallas Co. MOGenweb
- Dallas County, Missouri Ancestry Database Collections
- Dallas County, Missouri Military Records