Murray County, Minnesota Records
Murray County, Minnesota (Map It) was created on May 23, 1857 (Organized in 1879) from Brown County. The county was named in honor of Willian Pitt Murray (1825–1910), member of the territorial legislature 1852-55 and 1857; member of the constitutional convention; state representative, 1863 and 1868; state senator, 1866-67 and 1875-76; served seventeen years on the St. Paul City Council and was St. Paul City Attorney for thirteen years.
Murray County Cities and Towns include Avoca, Chandler, Currie, Dovray, Fulda, Hadley, Iona, Lake Wilson, Slayton.
Murray County Townships include Belfast, Bondin, Cameron, Chanarambie, Des Moines River, Dovray, Ellsborough, Fenton, Holly, Iona, Lake Sarah, Leeds, Lime Lake, Lowville, Mason, Moulton, Murray, Shetek, Skandia, Slayton Townships.
A Map of Murray County, Minnesota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Murray County, Minnesota Courthouse Records
Murray County, MN Courthouse
The Murray County Courthouse is located in Slayton, Minnesota. At some time Murray County was attached to Redwood County, Watonwan County and Cottonwood County for county and or judicial purposes. Some early records may be found there. Learn More About State of Minnesota Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Murray county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Murray County Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1873, Marriage Records from 1872 and Land Records from 1873. The County Recorder is responsible for all the real estate records for properties located in the County. Permanent records of deeds, mortgages and other various real estate records are recorded/filed in this office. As Local Registrar, the office protects and issues certified copies of Birth and Death records, Marriage Certificates & Military Discharge Records.
- Murray County Court Administrator has Probate Records from ? and Court Records from 1879. The County Court Administrator maintains court files for Civil, Criminal, Traffic, Probate, Conciliation, Juvenile, Tax and Family Court matters.
- Murray County Treasurers Office is responsible for keeping a complete accounting of all monies collected and expended by all the county departments. This includes the investing of available funds and accurately distributing the interest received. The department is also responsible for the collection of taxes and distribution to the various taxing entities within the County.
Murray County, Minnesota Census Records
- Learn More: State of Minnesota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Census Reconstructed Records: 1835-1890
- State Population Schedules: Territorial and State Censuses, 1849-1905
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Murray County, Minnesota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Minnesota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1900 to present
- Marriage Records: None Check with the Local County Registrar
- Divorce Records: None Check with the Local County Registrar
- Death Records: from January 1908 to present
- Locations: Minnesota Office of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 64882, St. Paul, MN 55164; (651) 201-5970
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificates Applications.
Murray County, Minnesota Resources
- State of Minnesota Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Minnesota
- Murray County Historical Society and Museum
- Fulda Heritage Society, 105 Front St W, Fulda, MN, 56131; hone: (507) 425 - 2201
- End-O-Line Railroad Park & Museum
- Southwest Minnesota Historical Center
- Murray County, Minnesota Message Boards
- Murray County, Minnesota Genealogy Forum
Murray County, Minnesota External Links
- Minnesota Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Murray County, Minnesota Books - Amazon
- Murray Co., Minnesota - FindaGrave
- Minnesota Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Murray County, Minnesota Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Minnesota (1849 - 1922)
- Murray Co. MNGenweb
- Murray County, Minnesota Ancestry Database Collections
- Murray County, Minnesota Military Records