Saline County, Arkansas Records
Saline County, Arkansas (Map It) was created on November 2, 1835 and was formed from Independence County and Pulaski County. Parts of Saline County was used to form the following counties: Garland 1873, Grant 1869. Other county boundry changes occured when Boundaries defined 5 October 1836, line with Pulaski defined 25 February and 14 December 1838 and 21 December 1846, line with Hot Spring defined 23 December 1846, 19 February 1859, and 19 January 1861, line with Pulaski defined 12 April 1873 and 17 December 1875. Saline County was named ifor the Salt reserves found within its borders, the salt mines began work in the 1820s and its goods were shipped throughout the southern United States..
Saline County Cities and Towns include Alexander, Bauxite, Benton, Bryant, Haskell, Shannon Hills, Traskwood.
A Map of Saline County, Arkansas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Saline County, Arkansas Courthouse Records
Saline County, AR Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Saline county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Saline County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from 1836, Land Records from 1871 and Divorce Records are maintained among the equity records (Divorces issued prior to 1950 are located here. Divorces issued after 1950 can be found at the Arkansas Department of Public Health. The County Clerk of Circuit Court is the clerk of the circuit, chancery court, and juvenile court and usually acts as the ex-officio recorder of the county. The duties of the clerk are to maintain a record of all proceedings of the circuit, chancery and juvenile courts and to prepare the dockets for courts. They are also the ex-officio county recorder; and is responsible for recording deeds, mortgages, liens, and surety bonds, and many other orders and instruments which involve property within the county.
- Saline County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1836 and has Probate Records from 1836. The County Clerk, as clerk to the probate court, the clerk files all instruments making them a matter of record in descendent estate cases, and swears in all witnesses in contested estates. The clerk, also in this capacity, maintains all records relative to adoptions and guardianship cases.
- Saline County Assessor's Office maintains County tax records. These records are usually arranged by legal description and are not indexed.
- Saline County Health Department
Saline County, Arkansas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Arkansas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1819-1870
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Saline County, Arkansas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Arkansas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from February 1, 1914 to present.
- Marriage Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Divorce Records: from January 1923 to present. Full certified copy may be obtained from the County Circuit or Chancery Clerk.
- Locations: Arkansas Office of Vital Records, 4815 W. Markham Street, Slot 44, Little Rock, AR 72205; (602) 364-1300, 501-661-2336, 800-637-9314
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Saline County, Arkansas Resources
- Saline County History and Heritage Society, Inc.
- Gann Museum of Saline County
- Saline County, Arkansas Message Boards
Saline County, Arkansas External Links
- Arkansas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Saline County, Arkansas Books - Amazon
- Saline Co., Arkansas - FindaGrave
- Arkansas Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Saline Co. ARGenweb
- Saline County, Arkansas Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Arkansas (1819 - 1999)
- Saline County, Arkansas Ancestry Database Collections
- Saline County, Arkansas Military Records