Pike County, Arkansas Records
Pike County, Arkansas (Map It) was created on November 1, 1833 and was formed from Clark County and Hempstead County. Parts of Pike County was used to form the following counties: Howard 1873. Other county boundry changes occured when Line with Sevier defined 15 November 1833, with Hempstead 14 December 1838, with Clark 22 April 1873 and 8 March 1877, with Montgomery 16 December 1874. Pike County was named in honor of Zebulon Pike (1779–1813), the explorer and discoverer of Pikes Peak.
Pike County Cities and Towns include Antoine, Daisy, Delight, Glenwood, Murfreesboro, Nathan, Newhope, Pisgah, Salem .
A Map of Pike County, Arkansas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Pike County, Arkansas Courthouse Records
Pike County, AR Courthouse
The Pike County Courthouse is located in Murfreesboro, Arkansas. Arkansas History Commission sources report destruction of most records in an 1895 courthouse fire; an abstract book was saved. Learn More About State of Arkansas Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Pike county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Pike County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from 1895, Land Records from 1895 and Divorce Records are maintained among the equity records (Divorces issued prior to 1950 are located here. Divorces issued after 1950 can be found at the Arkansas Department of Public Health. The County Clerk of Circuit Court is the clerk of the circuit, chancery court, and juvenile court and usually acts as the ex-officio recorder of the county. The duties of the clerk are to maintain a record of all proceedings of the circuit, chancery and juvenile courts and to prepare the dockets for courts. They are also the ex-officio county recorder; and is responsible for recording deeds, mortgages, liens, and surety bonds, and many other orders and instruments which involve property within the county.
- Pike County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1895 and has Probate Records from 1895. The County Clerk, as clerk to the probate court, the clerk files all instruments making them a matter of record in descendent estate cases, and swears in all witnesses in contested estates. The clerk, also in this capacity, maintains all records relative to adoptions and guardianship cases.
- Pike County Assessor's Office maintains County tax records. These records are usually arranged by legal description and are not indexed.
- Pike County Health Department
Pike County, Arkansas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Arkansas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1819-1870
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Pike County, Arkansas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Arkansas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from February 1, 1914 to present.
- Marriage Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Divorce Records: from January 1923 to present. Full certified copy may be obtained from the County Circuit or Chancery Clerk.
- Locations: Arkansas Office of Vital Records, 4815 W. Markham Street, Slot 44, Little Rock, AR 72205; (602) 364-1300, 501-661-2336, 800-637-9314
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Pike County, Arkansas Resources
Pike County, Arkansas External Links
- Arkansas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Pike County, Arkansas Books - Amazon
- Pike Co., Arkansas - FindaGrave
- Arkansas Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Pike Co. ARGenweb
- Pike County, Arkansas Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Arkansas (1819 - 1999)
- Pike County, Arkansas Ancestry Database Collections
- Pike County, Arkansas Military Records