Izard County, Arkansas Records
Izard County, Arkansas (Map It) was created on October 27, 1825 and was formed from Independence County and Fulton County. Parts of Izard County was used to form the following counties: Baxter 1873, Carroll 1833, Fulton 1842, Marion 1836, Stone 1873, Van Buren 1833. Other county boundry changes occured when W boundary extended 3 October 1827, part of Indian purchase added 22 October 1828, line with Independence defined 5 November 1831, S boundary defined 11 November 1833, line with Independence defined 21 February and 14 December 1838 and 21 December 1840, W boundary defined 24 December 1840, line with Baxter and Fulton defined 17 February 1875 and with Sharp 9 March 1877. Izard County was named in honor of George Izard (1776–1828), Governor of the Missouri Territory and a General during the War of 1812.
Izard County Cities and Towns include Calico Rock, Franklin, Guion, Horseshoe Bend, Melbourne, Mount Pleasant, Oxford, Pineville, Wiseman.
A Map of Izard County, Arkansas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Izard County, Arkansas Courthouse Records
Izard County, AR Courthouse
The Izard County Courthouse is located in Melbourne, Arkansas. It was reported the loss of all records before April 11, 1869; information from the Arkansas History Commission indicates another fire in 1889 destroyed all county records. Learn More About State of Arkansas Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Izard county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Izard County Clerk of Circuit Court has Court Records from 1889, Land Records from 1889 and Divorce Records are maintained among the equity records (Divorces issued prior to 1950 are located here. Divorces issued after 1950 can be found at the Arkansas Department of Public Health. The County Clerk of Circuit Court is the clerk of the circuit, chancery court, and juvenile court and usually acts as the ex-officio recorder of the county. The duties of the clerk are to maintain a record of all proceedings of the circuit, chancery and juvenile courts and to prepare the dockets for courts. They are also the ex-officio county recorder; and is responsible for recording deeds, mortgages, liens, and surety bonds, and many other orders and instruments which involve property within the county.
- Izard County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1889 and has Probate Records from 1889. The County Clerk, as clerk to the probate court, the clerk files all instruments making them a matter of record in descendent estate cases, and swears in all witnesses in contested estates. The clerk, also in this capacity, maintains all records relative to adoptions and guardianship cases.
- Izard County Assessor's Office maintains County tax records. These records are usually arranged by legal description and are not indexed.
- Izard County Health Department
Izard County, Arkansas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Arkansas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index, 1819-1870
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Izard County, Arkansas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Arkansas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from February 1, 1914 to present.
- Marriage Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Divorce Records: from January 1923 to present. Full certified copy may be obtained from the County Circuit or Chancery Clerk.
- Locations: Arkansas Office of Vital Records, 4815 W. Markham Street, Slot 44, Little Rock, AR 72205; (602) 364-1300, 501-661-2336, 800-637-9314
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Izard County, Arkansas Resources
Izard County, Arkansas External Links
- Arkansas Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Izard County, Arkansas Books - Amazon
- Izard Co., Arkansas - FindaGrave
- Arkansas Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Izard Co. ARGenweb
- Izard County, Arkansas Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Arkansas (1819 - 1999)
- Izard County, Arkansas Ancestry Database Collections
- Izard County, Arkansas Military Records