Pacific County, Washington Genealogy Guide
|Other WA Resources|
|WA Birth Records|
WA Marriage Records
WA Divorce Records
WA Death Records
WA Ancestor Records
WA Military Databases
WA Data Collections
WA Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Pacific County, Washington (Map It) was created on February 04, 1851 from Lewis County. The county was named for the Pacific Ocean. Lewis and Clark explored the county around Willapa Bay in 1806 and during the state's territorial days was a key point in the Washington Territory's water and stagecoach transportation system. Today, Pacific County's economy is based on wood products, agriculture and fishing. Learn More About State of Washington History.
Pacific County Cities and Towns include Bay Center, Chinook, Ilwaco, Lebam, Long Beach, Naselle, Ocean Park, Raymond, South Bend, Tokeland.. A Map of Pacific County, Washington contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Pacific County, Washington Courthouse Records
Pacific County, WA Courthouse
The Pacific County Courthouse is located in South Bend, Washington. Previous county seats were Pacific City (1851-1852), Chinook or Chinookville (1852-1855) and Oysterville (1855-1893). In 1893 the current county seat became South Bend. Learn More About State of Washington Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research. Although originally held in the county seat, many county land, probate, and court records have been transferred to the state archive's regional branches.
The Pacific County record dates below are from the earliest date to present time. They may include records of land, estates, taxes, vital records, divorces, naturalizations, voter registration, court records, and so forth.
- Pacific County Auditor has Birth and Death Records from 1891 to 1907, Marriage Records from 1868 and Land Records from 1851 . The County Auditor has many responsibilities which include the recording of real property documents such as deeds and other recorded documents, issuing various licenses such as marriage liscense.
- Pacific County Clerk has Court Records from 1851 and Probate Records from 1878 . The County Clerk is the administrator of the Superior Court Clerk's Office. The Clerk's Office is responsible for keeping the permanent records of all cases filed in Superior Court. The type of cases filed are felony criminal cases, civil lawsuits, petitions for protection from domestic violence, family law matters (dissolutions 3rd Party Custody, parenting plans, modifications) probates, guardianships, Last Will & Testaments, paternities, adoptions and mental commitments. For judicial purposes, many of the Washington counties were attached to other counties.
- Pacific County Treasurer is the property tax collector for the County. Property Taxes are levied on the property by the various taxing authorities based on the valuation and current property usage as set by the Assessor's Office.
- The Pacific County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait.
Pacific County, Washington Census Records
- Learn More: State of Washington Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State and Territorial Population Schedules: 1857-1892
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Pacific County, Washington Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Washington Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from July 1, 1907 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from January 1, 1968 to present
- Locations: Washington Department of Health
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth / Death Certificate or the Marriage / Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Center for Health Statistics, Department of Health, 101 Israel Road SE, Tumwater, WA 98501
Pacific County, Washington Resources
- Pacific County Genealogical Society
- South Pacific County Genealogical Society, PO Box 1024, Long Beach, WA 98631
- Willapa Harbor Genealogical Society, Raymond Public Library, 507 Duryea St, Raymond, WA 98577
- Ilwaco Heritage Foundation & Museum, 115 SE Lake St, PO Box 153, Ilwaco, WA 98624; phone: 360-642-3446.
- Pacific County Historical Society & Museum
- Fort Columbia House Museum, (Fort Columbia State Park, Hwy 101, Chinook, WA 98614), PO Box 488, Ilwaco, WA 98624. Phone 360-642-3078 .
- Knappton Cove Heritage Center, Knappton, WA.
- Washington State Archives, Southwest Regional Branch
- Pacific County, Washington Message Boards
- Pacific County, Washington Genealogy Forum
- Washington State Digital Archives