Bell County, Texas Genealogy Guide
|Other TX Resources|
| TX Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
TX Ancestor Records
TX Military Databases
TX Data Collections
TX Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Bell County is bordered by McLennan County (north), Falls County (northeast), Milam County (southeast), Williamson County (south), Burnet County (southwest), Lampasas County (west), Coryell County (northwest).
Bell County Cities and Towns include Bartlett, Belton , Copperas Cove, Fort Hood, Harker Heights, Holland, Killeen , Little River-Academy, Morgan's Point Resort, Nolanville, Rogers, Salado, Temple , Troy.. A Map of Bell County, Texas contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Bell County, Texas Courthouse Records
Bell County, TX Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicate what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Bell county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Bell County Clerk has Birth & Death Records from 1903, Marriage Records from 1850, Land Records from 1850, Probate Records from 1800 and Court Records from 1852. The County Clerk's office is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Bell County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Bell County, Texas Census Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Texas Census Substitute Records: 1820-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Bell County, Texas Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Texas Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1903 to present.
- Marriage Records: available from the County Clerk
- Divorce Records: available from the Clerk of District Court
- Locations: Texas Department of State Health Services
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Texas Department of State Health Services, 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin, TX 78756; (888) 963-7111 or (512) 458-7111
Bell County, Texas Resources
- East Bell County Genealogical Society
- West Bell Genealogical Society, Killeen Public Library, 205 East Church Street, Killeen, Texas
- Bell Co. Records Available on Microfilm
- Bell County, Texas Message Boards
- Bell County, Texas Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Bell County
Bell County, Texas External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Texas (1813 - 1993)
- Bell County, Texas Books - Amazon
- Bell Co., Texas - FindaGrave
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- A Memorial and biographical history of McLennan, Falls, Bell and Coryell Counties, Texas : containing a history of this importa
- The history of Bell County
- History of Bell County, Texas
- Bell Co., Texas Almanac
- Texas county histories : a bibliography