Crook County, Oregon Records
Crook County, Oregon (Map It) was created on October 24, 1882 from Wasco County. The county was named in honor of George Crook (1828 - 1890), a U.S. Army officer who served in the American Civil War and the Indian Wars..
Crook County Cities and Towns include Prineville. A Map of Crook County, Oregon contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Crook County, Oregon Courthouse Records
Crook County, OR Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Crook county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Crook County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1882 and Land Records from 1864. The County Clerk has many duties which include vital statistics (births, deaths, marriage) and keeps a permanent public record of real estate transactions.
- Crook County Circuit Court Clerk has Court Records from 1882 and Probate Records from 1882. The County Circuit Court Clerk has general jurisdiction over all civil and criminal cases, and typically handle cases beyond the jurisdiction of other courts. Circuit Courts also handle divorce, child custody, disputes over title to land, probate matters, juvenile cases, guardianship, adoption, involuntary commitment, and requests for injunctions.
- Crook County Records Inventory The Oregon Historical County Records Guide includes descriptions and listings for each type of record in the inventory. Each series description includes a title and a description of how the records are used (function); types of records that may be included in each category (physical content); type of information that may be found (informational content)
Crook County, Oregon Census Records
- Learn More: State of Oregon Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Territory & State Population Schedules: 1885, 1895, 1905.
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Crook County, Oregon Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Oregon Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from 1903 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1911 to present
- Divorce Records: from 1925 to present
- Locations: Oregon Vital Records - Center for Health Statistics, Oregon State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Oregon Vital Records - Center for Health Statistics, 800 NE Oregon Street, Ste 205, Portland, OR 97293; (971) 673-1190
Crook County, Oregon Resources
- Crook County Genealogical Society
- Oregon Historical County Records Guide
- Crook County, Oregon Message Boards
- Crook County, Oregon Genealogy Forum