Union County, New Mexico Records
Union County, New Mexico (Map It) was created on February 23, 1893 from Colfax County, Mora County and San Miguel County. The county was named for the "union" of the three counties which donated land to form the new county.
Union County is bordered by Las Animas County, Colorado (north), Baca County, Colorado (northeast), Cimarron County, Oklahoma (east), Dallam County, Texas (east), Hartley County, Texas , Quay County (south), Harding County (south), Colfax County (west).
Union County Cities and Towns include Clayton, Des Moines, Folsom, Grenville.
Union County, New Mexico Courthouse Records
Union County, NM Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Union county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Union County Clerks office has Marriage Records from 1894, Land Records from 1894 and Probate Records from 1911. The County Clerks office has land records, including deeds, mining records, surveys, and plats; marriage records; and some probate records. Also Military discharges, liens, mortgages, powers of attorney, and miscellaneous affidavits may be found there.
- Union County 8th District Court Clerk has many responsibilities which include courts of general jurisdiction, including probate and divorce, actions, as well as jury trials.
Union County, New Mexico Census Records
- Learn More: State of New Mexico Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Territorial Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Union County, New Mexico Vital Records
- Learn More: State of New Mexico Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from 1920 to present and delayed records since 1880.
- Marriage Records: None, See County Clerk's Office
- Divorce Records: None, See Magistrate Court's Office
- Locations: New Mexico Bureau of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: New Mexico Vital Records and Health Statistics, 1105 St. Francis Dr., Santa Fe, NM 87502; (505) 827-0121
Union County, New Mexico Resources
- Folsom Historical Society, Main Street, Folsom, New Mexico, 88419.
- Herzstein Memorial Museum, 22 South Second, Clayton, New Mexico, 88415. Phone: 505-375-2977.
- Union County Historical Society, Clayton, New Mexico
- Union County, New Mexico Message Boards