Cimarron County, Oklahoma Records
Cimarron County Cities and Towns include Boise City, Keyes, Felt, Kenton. A Map of Cimarron County, Oklahoma contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Cimarron County, Oklahoma Courthouse Records
Cimarron County, OK Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Cimarron county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Guide to the Historical Records of Oklahoma, indicates location of county records, including those of tax and assessments.
- Cimarron County Clerk's Office has Birth / Death Records from 1908 and Land Records from 1904. The County Clerk's Office is responsible for preserving all the legal instruments filed by private citizens and public officials with the County Clerk's office. The office maintains files of all real estate records, plats, judgments, liens, patents, military discharges, school records, county personnel, insurance and retirement records for employees, meeting notices, commissioners' proceedings and other documents. Although county clerks record births and deaths and provide information on request, certificates are available only from the Vital Records Section, State Department of Health.
- Cimarron County Court Clerk's Office has Marriage Records from 1908, Probate Records from 1908 and Land Records from 1908. The County Court Clerk's Office has the primary responsibility to record, file, and maintain permanent records of the proceedings of the District Court. We collect fines, fees, and forfeitures, and distribute the collected monies as provided by law to the appropriate agencies. There are numerous types of cases filed with the Court Clerk's Office some of which include: Civil, Small Claims, Probate, Guardianship, Adoption, Felony, Misdemeanor, Search Warrants, Licenses and more.
- Cimarron County Tax Assessors Office has the responsibility to appraise and assess the real and personal property within the county for the purpose of ad-valorem taxation. Also, the county assessor is required to compute the ad-valorem taxes due on all the taxable property. By law, the county assessor appraises all the taxable real property according to its fair cash value for which the property is actually being used. The county treasurer or assessor may have tax or assessment records. Some tax records are stored in museums, historical, and/or genealogical societies' repositories.
Cimarron County, Oklahoma Census Records
- Learn More: State of Oklahoma Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: Indian Census Rolls, 1885-1940, Citizens and Freedmen of Five Civilized Tribes, 1895-1914, Applications for Enrollment in Five Civilized Tribes, 1898-1914
- Territory & State Population Schedules: 1890 and 1907, Indian Censuses and Rolls, 1851-1959
Cimarron County, Oklahoma Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Oklahoma Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from October 1908 to present
- Marriage & Divorce Records: None, see county Clerk of Court.
- Locations: Oklahoma Office of Vital Statistics, Oklahoma State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Vital Records Service, Oklahoma State Dept of Health, 1000 Northeast Tenth, Room 117, Oklahoma City, OK 73117
Cimarron County, Oklahoma Resources
- Cimarron County, Oklahoma Message Boards
- Cimarron County, Oklahoma Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Cimarron County
Cimarron County, Oklahoma External Links
- Historical Newspapers from Oklahoma (1871–1923)
- Cimarron County, Oklahoma Books - Amazon
- Oklahoma, Applications for Allotment, Five Civilized Tribes, 1899-1907
- U.S., Indian Census Rolls, 1885-1940
- Cimarron Co., Oklahoma - FindaGrave
- Oklahoma, Applications for Enrollment to the Five Civilized Tribes, 1898-1914
- Chronicles of Oklahoma
- Cimarron County, Oklahoma Links - Cyndi's List
- Cimarron Co. OKGenweb
- Cimarron County, Oklahoma Ancestry Database Collections
- Cimarron County, Oklahoma Military Records