Pine County, Minnesota Genealogy Guide
|Other MN Resources|
|MN Birth, Death, Marriage,
Divorce & Death Records
MN Ancestor Records
MN Military Databases
MN Data Collections
MN Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Pine County, Minnesota (Map It) was created on March 1, 1856 (Organized in 1857, Deorganized in 1858 and Reorganized in 1871) from Chisago County and Ramsey County. The county was named for large stands of white and red pine found at one time in the county. Learn More About State of Minnesota History
Pine County is bordered by Carlton County (north), Douglas County, Wisconsin (northeast), Burnett County, Wisconsin (southeast), Chisago County (south), Isanti County (southwest), Kanabec County (west), Aitkin County (northwest).
Pine County Cities and Towns include Askov, Brook Park, Bruno, Denham, Finlayson, Henriette, Hinckley, Kerrick, Pine City, Rock Creek, Rutledge, Sandstone, Sturgeon Lake, Willow River.
Pine County Townships include Arlone, Arna, Barry, Birch Creek, Bremen, Brook Park, Bruno, Chengwatana, Clover, Crosby, Danforth, Dell Grove, Finlayson, Fleming, Hinckley, Kerrick, Kettle River, Mission Creek, Munch, New Dosey, Nickerson, Norman, Ogema, Park, Partridge, Pine City, Pine Lake, Pokegama, Royalton, Sandstone, Sturgeon Lake, Wilma, Windemere Townships.
A Map of Pine County, Minnesota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Pine County, Minnesota Courthouse Records
Pine County, MN Courthouse
Old Pine County Courthouse
The Pine County Courthouse is located in Pine City, Minnesota. Courthouse burned in 1870. most all records were destroyed. The 1886 frame courthouse was struck by lightning and burned in 1952. Records were saved. Learn More About State of Minnesota Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Pine county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Pine County Recorder has Birth / Death Records from 1871, Marriage Records from 1871 and Land Records from ?. The County Recorder is responsible for all the real estate records for properties located in the County. Permanent records of deeds, mortgages and other various real estate records are recorded/filed in this office. As Local Registrar, the office protects and issues certified copies of Birth and Death records, Marriage Certificates & Military Discharge Records.
- Pine County Court Administrator has Probate Records from 1875 and Court Records from 1871. The County Court Administrator maintains court files for Civil, Criminal, Traffic, Probate, Conciliation, Juvenile, Tax and Family Court matters.
- Pine County Treasurers Office is responsible for keeping a complete accounting of all monies collected and expended by all the county departments. This includes the investing of available funds and accurately distributing the interest received. The department is also responsible for the collection of taxes and distribution to the various taxing entities within the County.
Pine County, Minnesota Census Records
- Learn More: State of Minnesota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Census Reconstructed Records: 1835-1890
- State Population Schedules: Territorial and State Censuses, 1849-1905
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Pine County, Minnesota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Minnesota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1900 to present
- Marriage Records: None Check with the Local County Registrar
- Divorce Records: None Check with the Local County Registrar
- Death Records: from January 1908 to present
- Locations: Minnesota Office of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 64882, St. Paul, MN 55164; (651) 201-5970
- Vital Records Online: USAVital, VitalChek or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificates Applications.