Winn Parish, Louisiana Records
Winn Parish, Louisiana (Map It) was created on February 24, 1852 from Natchitoches Parish, Rapides Parish and Catahoula Parish. The parish was named in honor of Louisiana state legislator Walter Winn ..
Winn Parish Cities and Towns include Atlanta, Calvin, Dodson, Sikes, Tullos, Winnfield.
A Map of Winn Parish, Louisiana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Winn Parish, Louisiana Courthouse Records
Winn Parish, LA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Winn parish. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Winn Parish Clerk of Court has Marriage Records from 1886, Land Records from 1886, Probate Records from 1886 and Court Records from 1886. The Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
Winn Parish, Louisiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1791-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1699 Through 1732
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Winn Parish, Louisiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1914 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1914 to present
- Death Records: Certified copies available from the Clerk of the Court
- Divorce Records: Certified copies are available from the Clerk of the Court
- Locations: Louisiana Office of Vital Statistics, Louisiana State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth or Death Certificate Applications.
Winn Parish, Louisiana Resources
- Winn Genealogical and Historical Society
- Central Louisiana Genealogical Society
- Louisiana Political Museum
- Winn Parish, Louisiana Message Boards
- Winn Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Forum
Winn Parish, Louisiana External Links
- Louisiana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Winn Parish, Louisiana Books - Amazon
- Winn Parish, Louisiana - FindaGrave
- Louisiana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Winn Parish, Louisiana Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Louisiana (1805 - 1985)
- Winn Parish LAGenweb
- Winn Parish, Louisiana Ancestry Database Collections
- Winn Parish, Louisiana Military Records