Iberia Parish, Louisiana Records
Iberia Parish is bordered by St. Martin Parish (north, south), Iberville Parish (northeast), Assumption Parish (east), St. Mary Parish (southeast), Vermilion Parish (west), Lafayette Parish (northwest).
Iberia Parish Cities and Towns include Delcambre , Jeanerette, Loreauville, Lydia, New Iberia
A Map of Iberia Parish, Louisiana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Iberia Parish, Louisiana Courthouse Records
Iberia Parish, LA Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Iberia parish. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Iberia Parish Clerk of Court has Marriage Records from 1868, Land Records from 1868, Probate Records from 1868 and Court Records from 1868. The Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
Iberia Parish, Louisiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1791-1890
- State Population Schedules: 1699 Through 1732
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Iberia Parish, Louisiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1914 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1914 to present
- Death Records: Certified copies available from the Clerk of the Court
- Divorce Records: Certified copies are available from the Clerk of the Court
- Locations: Louisiana Office of Vital Statistics, Louisiana State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth or Death Certificate Applications.
Iberia Parish, Louisiana Resources
- Iberia Cultural Resources
- Attakapas Historical Association
- Iberia Parish, Louisiana Message Boards
- Iberia Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Forum
Iberia Parish, Louisiana External Links
- Louisiana Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Iberia Parish, Louisiana Books - Amazon
- Iberia Parish, Louisiana - FindaGrave
- Louisiana Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- The History of New Iberia
- Iberia Parish, Louisiana Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Louisiana (1805 - 1985)
- Iberia Parish LAGenweb
- Iberia Parish, Louisiana Ancestry Database Collections
- Iberia Parish, Louisiana Military Records