Fremont County, Idaho Genealogy Guide
|Other ID Resources|
| ID Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
ID Ancestor Records
ID Military Databases
ID Data Collections
ID Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Fremont County, Idaho (Map It) was created on March 4, 1893 from Bingham County. Fremont County was named in honor of John C. Frémont (1813-1890), an explorer of the West. Learn More About State of Idaho History
Fremont County is bordered by Clark County (west), Jefferson County (southwest), Madison County (south), Teton County (south), Teton County, Wyoming (east), Gallatin County, Montana (north), Madison County, Montana (north), Beaverhead County, Montana (northwest).
Fremont County Cities and Towns include Ashton, Drummond, Island Park, Last Chance, Newdale, Parker, St. Anthony, Teton, Warm River.
Fremont County, Idaho Courthouse Records
Fremont County, ID Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Fremont county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Fremont County Clerks Office has Marriage Records from 1893, Land Records from 1878, Probate Records from 1889 and Court Records from 1889. The Recorder is responsible to keep records of all documents recorded in Adams County. Additionally, the Recorder’s office provides marriage licenses, processes passports and records land documents, including plat maps, surveys, easements, assertions of right-of-way, and some types of liens.
Fremont County, Idaho Census Records
- Learn More: State of Idaho Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Fremont County, Idaho Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Idaho Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from July 1911 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from May 1947 to present.
- Locations: Idaho Office of Vital Statistics, 450 W. State St., 1st Floor, Boise, ID 83720; (208) 334-5988
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Certificates Applications.
Fremont County, Idaho Resources
- Fremont County Historical Society
- Fremont County, Idaho Message Boards
- Fremont County, Idaho Genealogy Forum
- Fremont County, Idaho Mailing lists