Blaine County, Idaho Genealogy Guide
|Other ID Resources|
| ID Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
ID Ancestor Records
ID Military Databases
ID Data Collections
ID Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Blaine County, Idaho (Map It) was created on March 5, 1895 from Alturas and Logan counties. Blaine County was named James G. Blaine (1830-1893), United States Secretary of State (1881, 1889-1892). Learn More About State of Idaho History
Blaine County is bordered by Butte County (northeast), Bingham County (east), Power County, Cassia County (south), Minidoka County (southwest), Lincoln County (south), Camas County (west), Elmore County (northwest), Custer County (northwest).
Blaine County Cities and Towns include Bellevue, Carey, Hailey, Ketchum, Sun Valley.
Blaine County, Idaho Courthouse Records
Blaine County, ID Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Blaine county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Blaine County Clerk / Recorders Office has Marriage Records from 1864, Land Records from 1863, Probate Records from 1883 and Court Records from 1865 . The Recorder is responsible to keep records of all documents recorded in Adams County. Additionally, the Recorder’s office provides marriage licenses, processes passports and records land documents, including plat maps, surveys, easements, assertions of right-of-way, and some types of liens.
Blaine County, Idaho Census Records
- Learn More: State of Idaho Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Blaine County, Idaho Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Idaho Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from July 1911 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from May 1947 to present.
- Locations: Idaho Office of Vital Statistics, 450 W. State St., 1st Floor, Boise, ID 83720; (208) 334-5988
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Certificates Applications.
Blaine County, Idaho Resources
- Blaine County Historical Society / Museum
- Ketchum-Sun Valley Historical Society
- Wood River Historical Society, P.O. Box 552, Ketchum ID 83340
- Blaine County, Idaho Message Boards
- Blaine County, Idaho Genealogy Forum
- Blaine County, Idaho Mailing lists