Gilliam County, Oregon Genealogy Guide
|Other OR Resources|
| OR Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
OR Ancestor Records
OR Military Databases
OR Data Collections
OR Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Gilliam County, Oregon (Map It) was created on February 25, 1885 from the eastern third of Wasco County. The county was named in honor of Cornelius Gilliam (1798 - 1848), a pioneer who commanded the forces of the Provisional Government of Oregon after the Whitman Massacre. Learn More About State of Oregon History.
Gilliam County Cities and Towns include Arlington, Condon, Lonerock. A Map of Gilliam County, Oregon contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Gilliam County, Oregon Courthouse Records
Gilliam County, OR Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Gilliam county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Gilliam County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1885 and Land Records from 1871. The County Clerk has many duties which include vital statistics (births, deaths, marriage) and keeps a permanent public record of real estate transactions.
- Gilliam County Circuit Court Clerk has Court Records from 1884 and Probate Records from 1859. The County Circuit Court Clerk has general jurisdiction over all civil and criminal cases, and typically handle cases beyond the jurisdiction of other courts. Circuit Courts also handle divorce, child custody, disputes over title to land, probate matters, juvenile cases, guardianship, adoption, involuntary commitment, and requests for injunctions.
- Gilliam County Records Inventory The Oregon Historical County Records Guide includes descriptions and listings for each type of record in the inventory. Each series description includes a title and a description of how the records are used (function); types of records that may be included in each category (physical content); type of information that may be found (informational content)
Gilliam County, Oregon Census Records
- Learn More: State of Oregon Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- Territory & State Population Schedules: 1885, 1895, 1905.
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Gilliam County, Oregon Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Oregon Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: from 1903 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1911 to present
- Divorce Records: from 1925 to present
- Locations: Oregon Vital Records - Center for Health Statistics, Oregon State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Oregon Vital Records - Center for Health Statistics, 800 NE Oregon Street, Ste 205, Portland, OR 97293; (971) 673-1190
Gilliam County, Oregon Resources
- Gilliam County Historical Society
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society
- Oregon Historical County Records Guide
- Gilliam County, Oregon Message Boards
- Gilliam County, Oregon Genealogy Forum