Montrose County, Colorado Records
Montrose County, Colorado (Map It) was created on February 11, 1883 from Gunnison County. Montrose County was named after the town of Montrose, which in turn was probably named from the novel A Legend of Montrose, published in 1819 by Walter Scott.
Montrose County Cities and Towns include Bedrock, Cimarron, Maher, Montrose, Naturita, Nucla, Olathe, Paradox, Redvale, Uravan.
A Map of Montrose County, Colorado contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Montrose County, Colorado Courthouse Records
Montrose County, CO Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Montrose county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Montrose County Clerk & Recorder has Marriage Records from 1883 and has Land Records from 1883. The County Clerk & Recorder is responsible for recording deeds, marriage licenses, issuing passports, titling and registering automobiles, issuing driver's licenses, registering voters, administering elections and maintaining records for the Board of County Commissioners.
- Montrose County Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1883 and has Court Records from 1883.
- Montrose County Department of Health and Human Services has Birth / Death Records from 1900–07 / 1883–1907; in Courthouse basement vault, births, 1900–07
Montrose County, Colorado Census Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Montrose County, Colorado Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1910 to present.
- Marriage Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Death Records: from 1900 to present.
- Divorce Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Vital Records Section, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, HSVRD-VS-A1, Denver, CO 80246-1530; PH (916) (303) 692-2224 General, (303) 756-4464 Information.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Verification, Divorce Verification, Death Certificate Applications.
Montrose County, Colorado Resources
- Fore-kin Trails Genealogical Society
- Montrose County Historical Society
- Montrose County, Colorado Message Boards
Montrose County, Colorado External Links
- Colorado Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Montrose County, Colorado Books - Amazon
- Montrose Co., Colorado - FindaGrave
- Colorado Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Montrose County, Colorado Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Colorado (1859–1978)
- Montrose Co. COGenweb
- Montrose County, Colorado Ancestry Database Collections
- Montrose County, Colorado Military Records