Cheyenne County, Colorado Genealogy Guide
|Other CO Resources|
| CO Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
CO Ancestor Records
CO Military Databases
CO Data Collections
CO Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Cheyenne County, Colorado (Map It) was created on March 25, 1889 from Elbert County and Bent County. Cheyenne County was named for the Cheyenne Nation of Native Americans.. Learn More About State of Colorado History
Cheyenne County Cities and Towns include Arapahoe, Cheyenne Wells, Kit Carson, Wild Horse.
A Map of Cheyenne County, Colorado contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Cheyenne County, Colorado Courthouse Records
Cheyenne County, CO Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Cheyenne county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Cheyenne County Clerk & Recorder has Marriage Records from 1889 and has Land Records from 1889. The County Clerk & Recorder is responsible for recording deeds, marriage licenses, issuing passports, titling and registering automobiles, issuing driver's licenses, registering voters, administering elections and maintaining records for the Board of County Commissioners.
- Cheyenne County Clerk of Courts has Probate Records from 1889 and has Court Records from 1889.
- Cheyenne County Public Health Agency has Birth / Death Records from 1893–1907
Cheyenne County, Colorado Census Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Cheyenne County, Colorado Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Colorado Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1910 to present.
- Marriage Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Death Records: from 1900 to present.
- Divorce Records: None, but are available from the County Clerk of District Court.
- Locations: Vital Records Section, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, HSVRD-VS-A1, Denver, CO 80246-1530; PH (916) (303) 692-2224 General, (303) 756-4464 Information.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Verification, Divorce Verification, Death Certificate Applications.
Cheyenne County, Colorado Resources
- Cheyenne County, Colorado Message Boards
- cheyenne County, Colorado Genealogy Forum
- Cheyenne County, Colorado Mailing lists