Jasper County, South Carolina Records
Jasper County Cities and Towns include Hardeeville, Ridgeland. A Map of Jasper County, South Carolina contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Jasper County, South Carolina Courthouse Records
Jasper County, SC Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Jasper county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Jasper County Register of Deeds has Land Records from 1912. The County Register of Deeds records and maintain deeds, mortgages, plats, state and federal tax liens, mechanics liens, uniform commercial code filings, and other miscellaneous documents pertaining to real estate transactions.
- Jasper County Clerk of Probate Court has Marriage Records from 1912 and Probate Records from 1912. The County Clerk of Probate Court has original jurisdiction over actions concerning the issuance of marriage licenses, the estate of a deceased person, the will of an individual, the estate of a minor or incapacitated person, trusts, and involuntary commitments.
- Jasper County Clerk of Court has Court Records from 1912 and Divorce Records from since April 1949. The County Clerk of Court is divided into General Sessions and Common Pleas Court. The Circuit Court is a formal court of record.
- Jasper County Tax Assessor / Collector is responsible for the collection of taxes. Our office does not calculate a property’s taxable value (Assessor’s Office).
- Jasper County Health Department has birth and death records from 1915. Marriage records prior to 1950 are available from the Probate Court office. Divorce records since April 1949 are available from the County Clerk's office.
Jasper County, South Carolina Census Records
- Learn More: State of South Carolina Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Jasper County, South Carolina Vital Records
- Learn More: State of South Carolina Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1915 to present
- Marriage Records: from July 1950 to present. Contact the Office of Probate for earlier records.
- Divorce Records: from July 1962 to present. Contact the Clerk of Court for earlier records.
- Locations: South Carolina Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth and Death Certificate or Marriage and Divorce Certificate Applications.
- In Person: List of Vital Records Services Office locations
Jasper County, South Carolina Resources
- Jasper County Historical Society, PO Box 2111, Ridgeland, SC 29936, phone: (843) 726-8136
- Jasper County, South Carolina Message Boards
Jasper County, South Carolina External Links
- Historical Newspapers from South Carolina (1783 - 1975 )
- Jasper County, South Carolina Books - Amazon
- South Carolina Archives Summary Guide to Jasper County Records
- Jasper Co., South Carolina - FindaGrave
- Moving finger of Jasper
- A History of Jasper County
- Jasper County History
- Jasper County, South Carolina Links - Cyndi's List
- Jasper Co. SCGenweb
- Jasper County, South Carolina Ancestry Database Collections
- South Carolina Revolutionary War Units
- Jasper County, South Carolina Military Records
- Directory of Scots in the Carolinas, 1680-1830