Glades County, Florida Records
Glades County is bordered by Highlands County (north), Okeechobee County (northeast), Martin County (east), Palm Beach County (southeast), Hendry County (south), Lee County (southwest), Charlotte County (west), De Soto County (northwest).
Glades County Cities and Towns include Moore Haven.
A Map of Glades County, Florida contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Glades Co. Historical Events:
- A great portion of it is in the Everglades.
Glades County, Florida Courthouse Records
Glades County, FL Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Glades county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Glades County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1921, Land Records from 1921, Probate Records from 1921 and Court Records from 1921. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- Glades County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- Glades County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
Glades County, Florida Census Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: 1867-1945
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Glades County, Florida Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Florida Vital Records
- Birth Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 6, 1927 to present.
- Death Records: from January 1917 to present.
- Locations: Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, P.O. Box 210, 1217 Pearl Street (Zip 32202), Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042; PH (904) 359-6900 Ext. 1029.
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
Glades County, Florida Resources
- State of Florida Archives and Societies
- RAOGK Volunteers for Florida
- Glades County Historical Society
- Glades County, Florida Message Boards
Glades County, Florida External Links
- Florida Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Glades County, Florida Books - Amazon
- Glades Co., Florida - FindaGrave
- Florida Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Glades County Courthouse History
- Glades County, Florida Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Florida (1823 - 1959)
- Glades Co. FLGenweb
- Glades County, Florida Ancestry Database Collections
- Glades County maps from Exploring Florida website
- Glades County, Florida Military Records