Utah County, Utah Genealogy Guide
|Other UT Resources|
| UT Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
UT Ancestor Records
UT Military Databases
UT Data Collections
UT Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Utah County, Utah (Map It) was created on March 03, 1852 as an Original county of State of Deseret. The county was named for the Yuta, the Spanish name for the Ute tribe. Learn More About State of Utah History
Utah County is bordered by Salt Lake County (north), Tooele County (west), Wasatch County (east), Juab County (southwest), Sanpete County (south central), Carbon County (south), Duchesne County (southeast).
Utah County Cities and Towns include Alpine, incorporated in 1855, American Fork, incorporated in 1853, Cedar Fort, incorporated in 1965, Cedar Hills, incorporated in 1976, Draper, incorporated in 1978 and annexed land in Utah County in 2004, Eagle Mountain, incorporated in 1996, Elk Ridge, incorporated in 1976, Fairfield, incorporated in 2004, Genola, incorporated in 1935, Goshen, incorporated in 1910, Highland, incorporated in 1977, Lehi, incorporated in 1852, Lindon, incorporated in 1924, Mapleton, incorporated in 1948, Orem, incorporated in 1919, Payson, incorporated in 1853, Pleasant Grove, incorporated in 1855, Provo, incorporated in 1849, Salem, incorporated in 1920, Santaquin, incorporated in 1932, Saratoga Springs, incorporated in 1997, Spanish Fork, incorporated in 1855, Springville, incorporated in 1853, Vineyard, incorporated in 1989. A Map of Utah County, Utah contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Utah County, Utah Courthouse Records
Utah County, UT Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Utah county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Utah County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1887 and Birth / Death Records from 1898–1905. Vital Records are also available from the Utah County Health Department or the State Archives. The County Clerk's responsibilities are to conduct Countywide elections, issue marriage licenses, issue business licenses for the unincorporated county.
- Utah County Recorder has Land Records from 1851. The County Recorder's duties include Record, store and retrieve land documents in the public record; Assist the public in locating real property parcels on ownership plats; Assist the public in locating records; Record Military Discharges and provide certified copies of these documents at no charge; Sell copies of documents and plats to the public.
- Utah County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 1859 and Court Records from 1859. The County Clerk of District Court duties services include Divorce, Protective Orders, Guardianship and other civil matters.
Utah County, Utah Census Records
- Learn More: State of Utah Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- State Census and Census Substitutes: 1850-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Utah County, Utah Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Utah Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from 1905 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from 1978 to present. see County Clerk for earlier records.
- Locations: Utah Office of Vital Statistics
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Utah Office of Vital Records and Statistics, 288 North 1460 West, PO BOX 141012, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-1012
Utah County, Utah Resources
- Utah County, Utah Message Boards
- Utah County, Utah Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Utah County