Beaver County, Pennsylvania Genealogy Guide
|Other PA Resources|
| PA Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
PA Ancestor Records
PA Military Databases
PA Data Collections
PA Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Beaver County, Pennsylvania (Map It) was created on March 12, 1800 from parts of Allegheny County and Washington County. The county was named for the Beaver River, itself named for the eponymous animal that was sighted along its banks. Learn More About State of Pennsylvania History
Beaver County is bordered by Lawrence County (north), Butler County (east), Allegheny County (southeast), Washington County (southeast), Hancock County, West Virginia (west), Columbiana County, Ohio (west). A Map of Beaver County, Pennsylvania contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Beaver County Townships include Brighton, Center, Chippewa, Darlington, Daugherty, Franklin, Greene, Hanover, Harmony, Hopewell, Independence, Marion, New Sewickley, North Sewickley, Patterson, Potter, Pulaski, Raccoon, Rochester, South Beaver, Vanport, White.
Beaver County Boroughs include Ambridge, Baden, Beaver, Big Beaver, Bridgewater, Conway, Darlington, East Rochester, Eastvale, Economy, Ellwood City, Fallston, Frankfort Springs, Freedom, Georgetown, Glasgow, Homewood, Hookstown, Industry, Koppel, Midland, Monaca, New Brighton, New Galilee, Ohioville, Patterson Heights, Rochester, Shippingport, South Heights, West Mayfield.
Beaver County Cities & Towns include Aliquippa, Beaver Falls. See also Beaver County Municipalities Incorporation Dates.
Beaver County, Pennsylvania Courthouse Records
The Beaver County Courthouse is located in Beaver, Pennsylvania. Beaver County was attached to Allegheny County until 1803. Learn More About State of Pennsylvania Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Beaver county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Beaver County Recorder of Deeds has Land Records from 1803. The County Recorder of Deeds is responsible for recording documents related to property. Documents recorded consist of, but are not limited to, deeds, mortgages, restrictions, notaries, public and elected county officers. Other documents, such as Military Service Discharges, foreign birth certificates, as well as obscure documents like cattle brands, are also recorded here.
- Beaver County Prothonotary / Clerk of Courts has Court & Divorce Records from 1800. The Prothonotary / Clerk of Courts has been the clerk of court of common pleas since 1707. Court records here include divorces, naturalizations, peddlers' licenses, registration of attorneys, oaths of county officers, equity, sheriff's sales, juror lists, some tax records, and some civil court records.Other court records are with the clerk of courts.
- Beaver County Register of Wills/ Orphan's Court Clerk has Marriage & Probate Records from 1800 and Birth & Death Records from before Jan 1906. The Wills/ Orphan's Court Clerk are often the same person, sometimes sharing the responsibility of the recorder of deeds and clerk of courts as well. The Register of Wills' principal duties include probating wills and accepting for filing all documents necessary to complete the administration of a decedent's estate. The Clerk of Orphans' Court, our office serves as the filing office and custodian of records for matters involving adoptions, guardianships and estate litigation. The office also issues all marriage licenses. Since 1885 the clerk of the orphans' court in each county has had the responsibility of recording marriages.
- Beaver County Tax Assessor Office has tax records but may also be in the county commissioners' office or with the prothonotary.
Beaver County, Pennsylvania Census Records
- Learn More: State of Pennsylvania Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Beaver County, Pennsylvania Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Pennsylvania Vital Records
- Birth & Death Records: 1906 to present.
- Marriage Records: does not have marriage records. The marriage records should be available in the County Court House.
- Divorce Records: does not have marriage records. The marriage records should be available in the County Court House.
- Locations: Pennsylvania Office of Vital Statistics, Pennsylvania State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Division of Vital Records, 101 South Mercer Street, Central Building, Room 401, New Castle, PA 16103; PH (724) 656-3100
Beaver County, Pennsylvania Resources
- Pennsylvania Archives - Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission series contains records of pennsylvania, from 1664 to 1780, and includes military, marriage, tax and land records. This is a Free Database.
- Beaver County Genealogy and History Center, 250 East Evenue, Beaver, PA 15009, 724-775-1775
- Beaver County Historical Research & Landmarks, 1235 3venue, Freedom, PA 15042
- Beaver County, Pennsylvania Message Boards
- Beaver County, Pennsylvania Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Beaver County
Beaver County, Pennsylvania External Links
- Historical Maps of Beaver County, Pennsylvania - PA D.O.T.
- Historical Newspapers from Pennsylvania (1719 - 1997)
- Beaver County, Pennsylvania Books - Amazon
- Beaver County cemetery records.
- Beaver Co., Pennsylvania - FindaGrave
- History of Beaver County, Pennsylvania and its centennial celebration
- Beaver County, Pennsylvania History