Towner County, North Dakota Records
Towner County Cities and Towns include Bisbee, Cando, Egeland, Hansboro, Maza, Perth, Rocklake, Sarles.
Towner County Townships include Armourdale, Atkins, Bisbee, Bethel, Cando, Coolin, Crocus, Dash, Egeland, Gerrard, Grainfield, Hansboro, Howell, Lansing, Maza, Monroe, Mount View, New City, Olson, Paulson, Perth, Picton, Rock Lake, Sidney, Smith, Sorenson, Springfield, Teddy, Twin Hill, Victor, Virginia, Zion. A Map of Towner County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Towner County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Towner County, ND Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Towner county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Towner County Register of Deeds / Recorder / Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1888, Land Records from 1883, Probate Records from 1883 and Court Records from 1883. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Towner County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Towner County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Towner County, North Dakota Resources
- Towner County Historical Society Museum, 108 4th Avenue, Munich, ND 58352 , 701-682-5106
- Cando Pioneer Foundation Museum
- Towner County, North Dakota Message Boards