Renville County, North Dakota Genealogy Guide
|Other ND Resources|
| ND Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
ND Ancestor Records
ND Military Databases
ND Data Collections
ND Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Renville County, North Dakota (Map It) was created on June 3, 1910 from Ward County. The county was named in honor of Joseph Renville, missionary and interpreter for Dakota Native Americans. Learn More About State of North Dakota History.
Renville County Cities and Towns include Glenburn, Grano, Loraine, Mohall, Sherwood, Tolley.
Renville County Townships include Brandon, Callahan, Clay, Colquhoun, Eden Valley, Ensign, Fairbanks, Grassland, Grover, Hamerly, Hamlet, Hurley, Ivanhoe, Lockwood, McKinney, Muskego, Plain, Prescott, Prosperity, Rockford, Roosevelt, Stafford. A Map of Renville County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Renville County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Renville County, ND Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Renville county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Renville County Register of Deeds / Recorder has Land Records from 1919. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records.
- Renville County Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1910, Probate Records from 1919 and Court Records from 1919. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Renville County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Renville County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Renville County, North Dakota Resources
- Renville County Historical Society, P. O. Box 213, Sherwood, ND 58782, 701-459-2450
- Mouse River Loop Genealogy Society
- Renville County, North Dakota Message Boards
- Renville County, North Dakota Genealogy Forum read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Renville County