Grant County, North Dakota Records
Grant County Cities and Towns include Carson, Elgin, Leith, New Leipzig.
Grant County Townships include Elm, Fisher, Freda, Howe, Lark, Leipzig, Minnie, Pretty Rock , Raleigh, Rock, Winona. A Map of Grant County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Grant County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Grant County, ND Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Grant county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Grant County Register of Deeds / Recorder / Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1916, Land Records from 1916, Probate Records from 1916 and Court Records from 1916. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Grant County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Grant County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Grant County, North Dakota Resources
- Grant County Historical Society, 6930 67th Ave. SW, Elgin, ND 58533
- New Leipzig Museum, P. O. Box 19, New Leipzig, ND 58562-0019, 701-584-2348
- Grant County, North Dakota Message Boards