Benson County, North Dakota Records
Benson County Cities and Towns include Brinsmade, Esmond, Knox, Leeds, Maddock, Minnewaukan, Oberon, Warwick, York .
Benson County Townships include Albert, Arne, Aurora, Beaver, Broe, Butte Valley, East Fork, Eldon, Esmond, Hesper, Impark, Iowa, Irvine, Isabel, Knox, Lake Ibsen, Lallie, Leeds, Lohnes, McClellan, Minco, Mission, Normania, North Viking, Oberon, Pleasant Lake, Rich Valley, Riggin, Rock, South Viking, Twin Lake, Twin Tree, Warwick, West Antelope, West Bay, Wood Lake, York. A Map of Benson County, North Dakota contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Benson County, North Dakota Courthouse Records
Benson County, ND Courthouse
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Benson county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk. Some records have been transferred to the State Archives and Historical Research Library.
- Benson County Register of Deeds / Recorder has Land Records from 1883. The County Register of Deeds / Recorder keeps a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership; Copies of divorce records.
- Benson County Clerk of Courts has Marriage Records from 1885, Probate Records from 1883 and Court Records from 1883. The County Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents.
Benson County, North Dakota Census Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Indian Census Records: 1885-1940, Eastern Cherokee - 1908-1910
- Territorial and State Censuses: 1885, 1915, 1925
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Benson County, North Dakota Vital Records
- Learn More: State of North Dakota Vital Records
- Birth Records: from 1870 to present. The years 1870 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Marriage Records: from June 1958 to present
- Death Records: from 1893 to present. Years from 1894 to 1920 are incomplete.
- Locations: North Dakota Division of Vital Records
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: ND Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, 600 East Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 301, Bismarck, ND 58505-0200
Benson County, North Dakota Resources
- Brenorsome Historical Society, c/o Louis Garcia, P. O. Box 232, Tokio, ND 58379, 701-294-3351,
- Fort Totten State Historic Site
- Lake Region Pioneer Daughters Museum at Fort Totten State Historic Site, 817 7th St. NE, Devils Lake, ND 58301-2634, 701-662-7345
- Minnewaukan Historical Society, P. O. Box 183, Minnewaukan, ND 58351-0183, 701-473-5436
- Benson County, North Dakota Message Boards