Jefferson Davis Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Guide
|Other LA Resources|
| LA Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
LA Ancestor Records
LA Military Databases
LA Data Collections
LA Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Jefferson Davis Parish, Louisiana (Map It) was created on June 12, 1912 from Calcasieu Parish. The parish was named in honor of Jefferson Davis, president of the Confederate States of America. Learn More About State of Louisiana History.
Jefferson Davis Parish is bordered by Allen Parish (north), Evangeline Parish (northeast), Acadia Parish (east), Vermilion Parish (southeast), Cameron Parish (south), Calcasieu Parish (west), Beauregard Parish (northwest).
Jefferson Davis Parish Cities and Towns include Elton, Fenton, Jennings, Lake Arthur, Welsh.
A Map of Jefferson Davis Parish, Louisiana contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Jefferson Davis Parish, Louisiana Courthouse Records
Jefferson Davis Parish, LA Courthouse
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Jefferson Davis parish. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Jefferson Davis Parish Clerk of Court has Marriage Records from 1913, Land Records from 1913, Probate Records from 1913 and Court Records from 1913. The Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
Jefferson Davis Parish, Louisiana Census Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: None
- State Population Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: None
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: None
- Union Veterans Schedules: None
Jefferson Davis Parish, Louisiana Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Louisiana Vital Records
- Birth Records: from July 1914 to present
- Marriage Records: from 1914 to present
- Death Records: Certified copies available from the Clerk of the Court
- Divorce Records: Certified copies are available from the Clerk of the Court
- Locations: Louisiana Office of Vital Statistics, Louisiana State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth or Death Certificate Applications.
Jefferson Davis Parish, Louisiana Resources
- Jennings Genealogical Society, 136 Greenwood Dr., Jennings, Louisiana 70546-4302
- Jefferson Davis Parish, Louisiana Message Boards
- Jefferson Davis Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Forum