Metcalfe County, Kentucky Genealogy Guide
|Other KY Resources|
| KY Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
KY Ancestor Records
KY Military Databases
KY Data Collections
KY Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Metcalfe County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on May 1, 1860 from Barren County, Monroe County, Adair County, Cumberland County and Green County. The county was named in honor of Thomas Metcalfe, tenth Governor of Kentucky (1828–1832) . Learn More About State of Kentucky History
Metcalfe County Cities and Towns include Edmonton, Summer Shade, Randolph, Center, Knob Lick, Beaumont, Sulpher Well, Savoyard.
A Map of Metcalfe County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Metcalfe County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Metcalfe County, KY Courthouse
The Metcalfe County Courthouse is located in Edmonton, Kentucky. There were reportedly courthouse fies in Mar 1865, and in 1867 or 1868. Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Metcalfe county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Metcalfed County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1867, Land Records from 1868 and Probate Records from 1865 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Metcalfe County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1868. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Metcalfe County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Metcalfe County Elected Officials
Metcalfe County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Metcalfe County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Metcalfe County, Kentucky Resources
- Metcalfe County Historical Society
- South Central Kentucky Historical and Genealogical Society
- Metcalfe County, Kentucky Message Boards
- Metcalfe County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum
- Metcalfe County, Kentucky Mailing lists