Marion County, Kentucky Records
Marion County Cities and Towns include Bradfordsville, Lebanon, Loretto, Raywick, Nerinx.
A Map of Marion County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Marion County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Marion County, KY Courthouse
The Marion County Courthouse is located in Lebanon, Kentucky. Morgan's Raiders burned the clerk's office destroying all records on 5 Jul 1863. Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Marion county. The date listed for each record is usually the earliest registration filed. The date does not indicate that there are alot records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually filed with the clerk.
- Mariond County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1852, Land Records from 1863 and Probate Records from 1863 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Marion County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1863. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Marion County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Marion County Elected Officials
Marion County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: 1850 and 1860
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Marion County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Marion County, Kentucky Resources
- Marion County Historical Society, 326 N. Harrison, Lebanon, KY 40033
- Marion County, Kentucky Message Boards
Marion County, Kentucky External Links
- Kentucky Historical Newspapers - Newspapers.com
- Marion County, Kentucky Books - Amazon
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- Marion Co., Kentucky - FindaGrave
- Kentucky Indexed Historical Records - Familysearch
- Marion County, KY History - The Kentucky Encyclopedia
- Marion County, Kentucky Links - Cyndi's List
- Historical Newspapers from Kentucky (1794-1922)
- Marion Co. KYGenweb
- Marion County, Kentucky Ancestry Database Collections
- Marion County, Kentucky Military Records