Elliott County, Kentucky Genealogy Guide
|Other KY Resources|
| KY Birth, Death, Marriage, |
Divorce & Death Records
KY Ancestor Records
KY Military Databases
KY Data Collections
KY Historical Newspapers
Social Security Death Index
Create a Free Family Tree
Elliott County, Kentucky (Map It) was created on April 1, 1869 from Carter County, Lawrence County and Morgan County. The county was named in honor of John Milton Elliott (1820–1885), U.S. Representative from Kentucky. Learn More About State of Kentucky History
Elliott County Cities and Towns include Ault, Bascom, Beartown, Bell City, Bigstone, Blaines Trace, Bruin, Brushy Fork, Burke, Clay Fork, Cliffside, Culver, Dewdrop, Dobbins, Edsel, Eldridge, Fannin, Fannin Valley, Faye, Fielden, Forks of Newcombe, Gimlet, Gomez, Green, Halcom, Ibex, Isonville, Little Fork, Little Sandy, Lytten, Middle Fork, Neil Howard's Creek, Newcombe, Newfoundland, Ordinary, Roscoe, Shady Grove, Sandy Hook, Sarah, Sideway, Spanglin, Stark, Stephens, The Ridge, Wells Creek, Wyatt .
A Map of Elliott County, Kentucky contains detailed information about roads and boundaries, these maps may include rural communities, churches, and cemeteries.
Elliott County, Kentucky Courthouse Records
Elliott County, KY Courthouse
The Elliott County Courthouse is located in Sandy Hook, Kentucky. Some records were destroyed in a courthouse fire on 19 Dec 1957. Learn More About State of Kentucky Court, Tax, Land and Probate Records.
Please contact the each clerk's department to confirm mailing address, hours, fees and other information before visiting or requesting information because contact information sometimes changes. The Clerk's Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. The documents are available to interested parties, barring confidential issues. Most staff will assist people in finding the materials, but it is up to the individual to do the research.
The following dates indicates what vital, land, probate, and court records are in Elliott county. The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Elliottd County Clerk has Marriage Records from 1874, Land Records from 1869 and Probate Records from 1966 - Will/Probate Record Request Form. The County Clerk has three main responsibilities. One is the recording of Land records, Probate records and Marriage Liscenses.
- Elliott County Clerk of the Circuit Court has Court Records from 1958. The County Clerk of the Circuit Court has countywide jurisdiction over major civil and criminal cases, divorces, and appeals from inferior courts.
- Elliott County Tax Information and Contacts. Some early tax schedules list watercourse, value and acreage of real estate, men over age twenty-one, young men between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one, slaves, and horses.
- Elliott County Elected Officials
Elliott County, Kentucky Census Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Census Records
- U.S. Federal Population Schedules: 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragmented), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940
- U.S. Census Reconstructed Records: Census Substitutes Index, 1810-1890
- U.S. Federal Census Slave Schedules: None
- U.S. Federal Census Mortality Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Agriculture Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Selected U.S. Federal Census Industry Schedules: 1870 and 1880
- Union Veterans Schedules: 1890
Elliott County, Kentucky Vital Records
- Learn More: State of Kentucky Vital Records
- Birth and Death Records: from January 1911 to present
- Marriage and Divorce Records: from June 1958 to present
- Locations: Kentucky Office of Vital Statistics, Kentucky State Archives
- Vital Records Online: USAVital or Social Security Death Index
- Vital Records by Mail: Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications.
- In Person: Office of Vital Statistics, Department for Public Health, Cabinet for Health and Family Services, 275 E. Main St., 1E-A, Frankfort, KY 40621.
Elliott County, Kentucky Resources
- Elliott County, Kentucky Message Boards
- Elliott County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum
- Elliott County, Kentucky Mailing lists